Real reviews, from customers like you

• 1000GB Storage
  • USB 3.0

Product Information

product description

WD’s thinnest drive yet, the 1TB Western Digital My Passport Slim is the ideal companion for your Ultrabook or other slim notebook. Thin enough to fit in your briefcase, pocket or purse, it’s big enough to carry all your digital content. When connected to a USB 3.0 port, this WD My Passport Slim lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Reduce transfer time by up to three times when compared to USB 2.0 transfer rates.

Key Features
WD’s thinnest portable hard drive yet, with 1TB of storage capacity
Select automatic, continuous backup to instantly back up your files.
Powered directly from the USB port on your PC.
Windows 8 app makes it easy to discover the digital media on your My Passport Slim
Includes soft pouch helps protect your drive from scratches

USB-powered
The Western Digital My Passport Slim is powered directly from the USB port on your PC. No separate power supply is needed. With this single drive you get compatibility with the latest USB 3.0 devices and backward compatibility with USB 2.0 devices as well.

Automatic backup software
WD SmartWare Pro automatic backup software works quietly in the background to help protect your data using minimal PC resources. Select automatic, continuous backup to instantly back up your files. Or select the scheduled backup option to back up your files on your schedule and take control of your backup.

Local and cloud backup
WD SmartWare Pro automatic backup software lets you chose when and where you back up your files. Choose scheduled backup to back up files on the schedule that works best for you. Choose file or folder backup if that is your preference. Use your Dropbox account to back up your files to the cloud.

Durable enclosure protects the drive inside
We know your data is important to you. So we build the drive inside to our demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability. Then, we protect the drive with a durable enclosure designed for beauty and a 3-year limited warranty for your peace of mind.

Works great with Windows 8
The WD Windows 8 app makes it easy to discover the digital media stored on your Western Digital My Passport Slim with your Windows 8 computer. Your content is automatically displayed and organised so you can easily locate and enjoy your photos, videos and music.

product specification