WD My Cloud NAS - 4TB reviews

+ This network storage scores high on performance. - It has no outstanding negative points.

£120 – £221 at 12 retailers out of 422 retailers checked

See full product description

People Also Viewed

4. Related products

Some customer reviews of WD My Cloud NAS - 4TB

Kyriakos, London

Reasonably fast, good looking and competitively priced
Accessing it from another computer on the cloud does not work very well

Confirmed purchase: 16 Dec 2014

Craig, Newcastle

Score 10.0/10
Brilliant, easy to to set up and can now stream my media on multiple devices effortlessly. Nice slim design similar size to my router very please with my WD MyCloud.
None
Performance 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 16 Dec 2014

Luke, Birmingham

Score 10.0/10
Fast transfer speeds, very easy to use and extremely quiet in general (obviously you can hear it more when it is under heavy load)

Confirmed purchase: 12 Mar 2015

R, Loughborough Silver surfer

Score 8.0/10
Small compact unit can be placed on a bookshelf out of the way.
Could do with some better instructions for setting up but fairly intuitive anyway.
Design 9.0
Performance 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 09 Mar 2016

Steven, Basildon

Very convenient to listen to all your music on the go or for you to be able to share apps etc mobile with your friends whilst you are out and about. Security is good and you can keep restricted content from being public
Laggs a little bit at times. Instructions are a bit poor. Online support could do with being more constructive and assist you for the less savvy minded

Confirmed purchase: 08 Jan 2015

Tom,

GUI is user friendly
has a good amount of functions.

Confirmed purchase: 06 Jan 2015

Darren, S Asaph

Great Value for Money

Confirmed purchase: 03 Mar 2015

Manufacturer's Description

The multitalented Western Digital My Cloud External Hard Drive offers you a cloud storage solution of your own – save all your important files and documents and access it anywhere using PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone.

Full storage convenience
The WD My Cloud drive offers a colossal 4 TB of storage space, ample room for a library of photos, music and videos. My Cloud allows you to keep all your content in one safe place on your home network instead of a remote server – the perfect way to centralise yours and your family’s media.

You can access your stored files by downloading WD’s free apps, which in effect enable you to expand your tablet and phone storage by uploading photos and videos straight to your personal cloud.

A USB expansion port even enables you to connect another USB 3.0 hard drive to the My Cloud drive for added storage capacity.

Super security
With automatic backup you can rest assured that your files are safely protected. You can backup data from all the PCs and Macs in your home, with everything securely backed-up on the network.

A selection of flexible backup options allows you to save and back up in a way that suits you. PC users can utilise the WD SmartWare Pro to choose how, when and where you backup your files, while Mac users can enjoy full use of the Apple Time Machine to protect data.

What’s more, you can add another layer of data protection by automatically making a second copy and a safepoint on your My Cloud home or remote network, so you have complete peace of mind.

To keep data safe you can protect your cloud storage from unauthorized access with password protection, available for all users.

Rapid performance
The Western Digital My Cloud can be up and running in minutes – WD’s simple user interface and web guide make for a seamless set-up process.

Once up and running, you can transfer data and access content quickly thanks to Gigabit Ethernet and dual-core processor.

Media streaming
Stream media content to your connected TVs, media players, consoles and other DLNA certified devices from the Cloud External Hard Drive. With My Cloud’s iTunes server you can stream your music library to any PC or Mac with iTunes.

Files can be transferred between cloud, Dropbox and other cloud accounts with WD’s free My Cloud mobile app.

File storage has never been easier with the secure 4 TB Western Digital My Cloud External Hard Drive.

Product Retailer Price Total price Buy now
WD 3TB  My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0030HWT-EESN
WD 3TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0030HWT-EESN £120 free delivery Go

Western Digital WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage White and Silver NAS drive
Western Digital WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage White and Silver NAS drive

Colour

£120 + £3 delivery Go

WD 4TB  My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0040HWT-EESN
WD 4TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0040HWT-EESN £150 free delivery Go

WD 4TB  My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0040HWT-EESN
WD 4TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0040HWT-EESN £150 delivery cost may apply Go

WD 4TB My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage NAS Drive
WD 4TB My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage NAS Drive £150 delivery cost may apply Go

WD 3TB  My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0030HWT-EESN
WD 3TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0030HWT-EESN £152 delivery cost may apply Go

WD My Cloud 3TB 1-bay NAS Drive

WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage - 4 TB £160 free delivery Go

WD  My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage - 4 TB
WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage - 4 TB £160 free delivery Go

In stock

WD 4TB My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage (Gbt Ethernet, USB 3.0)
WD 4TB My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage (Gbt Ethernet, USB 3.0) £180 + £1 delivery Go

WD My Cloud 4TB Personal Cloud Storage
WD My Cloud 4TB Personal Cloud Storage £179 + £6 delivery Go

NAS server 4 TB Western Digital My Cloud WDBCTL0040HWT-EESN
NAS server 4 TB Western Digital My Cloud WDBCTL0040HWT-EESN £185 delivery cost may apply Go

WD My Cloud WDBCTL0040HWT - NAS server - 4 TB
WD My Cloud WDBCTL0040HWT - NAS server - 4 TB £206 delivery cost may apply Go

Western Digital My Cloud Live External Hard Drive - 4Tb
Western Digital My Cloud Live External Hard Drive - 4Tb
Go to Littlewoods
£220 free delivery Go

In stock

Western Digital My Cloud 4TB 3.5 inch NAS Hard Drive USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet (External)
Go to Gameseek