WD My Cloud 2TB WDBCTL0020HWT-EESN reviews

+ This external hard drive has no outstanding positive points. - It scores poorly on performance.

£75 – £259 at 12 retailers out of 419 retailers checked

2000GB Storage, USB 3.0 See full product description
  3. Expert reviews
  5. Related products

Some customer reviews of WD My Cloud 2TB WDBCTL0020HWT-EESN

Tad, Northwest Pessimist.

Score 1.0/10
Being 2 TB is plenty of space
Works OK on a Windows machine, but I wanted it for my Mac, where I can save to it, but nothing else as it won't let me read files or delete files. You're forced to reformat, loosing all the utility files that came with the drive. So for any Mac users, don't bother.
Design 10.0

Mark, Eastbourne I research before purchase

Small
fast (50Mb/s at times)
reliable
built-in easy to use, whole drive encryption
USB3 socket/cable potentially will wear out at some point - but not the drive's fault - it's the USB design.
Performance 9.0
Reliability 9.0
Capacity 5.0

Confirmed purchase: 23 Aug 2016

Richard,

Score 8.0/10
Quiet, not perfectly silent but only noticeable when no surrounding noise.
Nice design and great compatibility with my Mac.
Not that it's a real issue at all, the light flashes which can be irritating but that's all with the hard drive itself.
The case that comes with it will not protect the hard drive from knocks, will only prevent some minor scratching!
Design 8.0
Performance 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 19 Aug 2016

Jose, techsavvy

Score 1.0/10
looks glamourous
it was so not straightforward to install I never bothered to get it running after I spent 2 hours stting up. (i am IT literate and experienced doing these things).
Design 6.0
Performance 1.0
Reliability 1.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 15 Feb 2016

M, Hartlepool

Score 8.0/10
Small compact and you dont need an electric point to plug it into
Reviewer left no comment

Hard disk capacity (Gigabytes) 2000
Interface USB 3.0
Interface Ethernet

Manufacturer's Description

The versatile Western Digital My Cloud External Hard Drive offers you a cloud storage solution of your own – save all your important files and documents and access it anywhere using PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone.

Complete storage
The WD My Cloud drive offers a colossal 2 TB of storage space, ample room for a library of photos, music and videos. My Cloud allows you to keep all your content in one safe place on your home network instead of a remote server – the perfect way to centralise yours and your family’s media.

You can access your stored files by downloading WD’s free apps, which in effect enable you to expand your tablet and phone storage by uploading photos and videos straight to your personal cloud.

A USB expansion port even enables you to connect another USB 3.0 hard drive to the My Cloud drive for added storage capacity.

Full security
With automatic backup you can rest assured that your files are safely protected. You can backup data from all the PCs and Macs in your home, with everything securely backed-up on the network.

A selection of flexible backup options allows you to save and back up in a way that suits you. PC users can utilise the WD SmartWare Pro to choose how, when and where you backup your files, while Mac users can enjoy full use of the Apple Time Machine to protect data.

What’s more, you can add another layer of data protection by automatically making a second copy and a safepoint on your My Cloud home or remote network, so you have complete peace of mind.

To keep data safe you can protect your cloud storage from unauthorized access with password protection, available for all users.

Fast and easy
The Western Digital My Cloud can be up and running in minutes – WD’s simple user interface and web guide make for a seamless set-up process.

Once up and running, you can transfer data and access content quickly thanks to Gigabit Ethernet and dual-core processor.

Media streaming
Stream media content to your connected TVs, media players, consoles and other DLNA certified devices from the Cloud External Hard Drive. With My Cloud’s iTunes server you can stream your music library to any PC or Mac with iTunes.

Files can be transferred between cloud, Dropbox and other cloud accounts with WD’s free My Cloud mobile app.

For fast, secure and easy cloud storage, look no further than the 2 TB Western Digital My Cloud External Hard Drive.

Product Retailer Price Total price Buy now
WD  My Passport Ultra Exclusive Edition Portable Hard Drive - 2TB, Blue, Blue
WD My Passport Ultra Exclusive Edition Portable Hard Drive - 2TB, Blue, Blue

Colour

£75 free delivery Go

WD 2TB  My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0020HWT-EESN
WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0020HWT-EESN £110 free delivery Go

WD 2TB  My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0020HWT-EESN
WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0020HWT-EESN £110 delivery cost may apply Go

WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage NAS Drive
WD 2TB My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage NAS Drive £110 delivery cost may apply Go

Western Digital WD My Cloud Personal Cloud Storage White and Silver NAS drive

WD My Cloud 2TB Personal Cloud NAS Drive £137 delivery cost may apply Go

WD My Cloud 2TB Personal Cloud Storage
WD My Cloud 2TB Personal Cloud Storage £135 + £6 delivery Go

NAS server 2 TB Western Digital My Cloud WDBCTL0020HWT-EESN
NAS server 2 TB Western Digital My Cloud WDBCTL0020HWT-EESN £150 delivery cost may apply

Out of stock

Western Digital My Cloud Live External Hard Drive - 2Tb
Western Digital My Cloud Live External Hard Drive - 2Tb
Go to Littlewoods
£170 free delivery Go

In stock

Western Digital My Cloud 2TB 3.5 inch NAS Hard Drive USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet (External)
Go to Gameseek