WD My Book for Mac reviews

+ This external hard drive scores very high on reliability. - It has no outstanding negative points.

£107 – £159 at 7 retailers out of 423 retailers checked

See full product description

People Also Viewed

4. Related products

Some customer reviews of WD My Book for Mac

Adrian, Farnborough I love tech

Score 8.0/10
The design is very appealing and the Mac specific was type was a no brainer.
Nothing found yet.
Design 9.0
Performance 8.0
Reliability 8.0
Capacity 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 29 Dec 2015

Stuart, Shepperton

Score 10.0/10
Really simple to set up and nice and quiet when running
Reviewer left no comment

Performance 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 03 Jan 2015

Also known as: My Book for Mac

Manufacturer's Description

Formatted for Mac, the elegant, external My Book 2TB hard drive now features a smart, visual backup solution that protects your data automatically.

In a small, sleek, streamlined design, the book-like shape takes up less space on your desk and allows two or more My Book drives to nestle neatly together like volumes on a shelf. And as it’s formatted for Mac and compatible with Apple Time Machine, this drive is plug-and-play ready for Mac computer users.
The My Book for Mac also boasts WD SmartWare – a control centre for your drive that gives you the power to:
Protect your data automatically – relax, your data is secure. Automatic, continuous backup will instantly make a second copy whenever you add or change a file.

See your backup as it happens – seeing is believing. Visual backup displays your content categories and shows the progress of your backup
Bring back lost files effortlessly – retrieve your valuable data to its original location whether you’ve lost all your data or just overwritten an important file.

Take control – Customize your backup, set drive security, run diagnostics, manage the power settings, and more from the WD SmartWare control centre
The My Book for Mac also features a drive lock. This gives peace of mind knowing that your data is protected from unauthorized access or theft with password protection and military-grade 256-bit hardware-based encryption. You’ll also appreciate the illuminated capacity gauge. This lets you see at a glance how much space is available on your drive.

And let’s not forget this baby’s energy efficient, thanks to WD GreenPower Technology which lowers internal drive power consumption by up to 30%, a sleep mode that reduces power during idle times, and a power-saving feature turns the drive on and off with your computer. USB 2.0 compatible.

Product Retailer Price Total price Buy now
WD My Book 3TB USB 3.0 External Desktop Hard Drive for Mac
WD My Book 3TB USB 3.0 External Desktop Hard Drive for Mac £107 delivery cost may apply Go

In stock

WD 3TB  My Book for Mac Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYCC0030HBK-EESN
WD 3TB My Book for Mac Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYCC0030HBK-EESN £107 free delivery Go

WD My Book 2TB for MAC
WD My Book 2TB for MAC £104 + £6 delivery

Out of stock

WD 3TB My Book for Mac Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYCC0030HBK-EESN £115 delivery cost may apply Go

WD My Book 3TB for MAC

WD MYBOOK 3TB 3.5IN - FOR
Go to 365 Games
£131 delivery cost may apply Go

In stock

WD 4TB  My Book for Mac Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYCC0040HBK-EESN
WD 4TB My Book for Mac Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYCC0040HBK-EESN £132 free delivery Go

WD My Book 4TB External Hard Drive for MAC
WD My Book 4TB External Hard Drive for MAC £135 + £6 delivery

Out of stock

WD 4TB My Book for Mac Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYCC0040HBK-EESN £159 delivery cost may apply Go