Vax U90-MA-P Mach Air Pets Upright reviews and prices: Upright Bagless vacuum cleaner

Photo of Vax U90-MA-P Mach Air Pets Upright Vacuum Cleaner
  • Photo of Vax U90-MA-P Mach Air Pets Upright Vacuum Cleaner
  • Photo of Vax U90-MA-P Mach Air Pets Upright Vacuum Cleaner

+ This vacuum cleaner scores high on ease of use. - It has no outstanding negative points.

No prices available

Vax U90-MA-P Mach Air Pets Upright: 1.5L capacity, Upright, Bagless vacuum cleaner with Turbine brush, HEPA filterand Fixed plastic hose. See full product description

Some customer reviews of Vax U90-MA-P Mach Air Pets Upright

Kate, Bristol Pet owner

Score 10.0/10
The most problematic thing was taking the vacuum out of the box - not too easy when you are on your own. However, when it was out, me being me, didn't particularly read the instructions, within seconds, however machine was in use, - oh no! red light on, what's that? Hang on - instructions, OK reset - yey! green light comes on and voila - Oh my, does this little machine pack a punch or what!!!!! I have another bagless cyclone technology vacuum - this beats the living daylights out of it. Made short work of the carpets I have in the house - actually one of the Chinese rugs looked like new, believe me - I have a Vax carpet cleaner which was probably used in the summer, this vacuum took care of my rug, made it look pristine once more.

OK now for the stairs, always been a bain of my life - how well does this tackle it? Amazingly well, once attachments are on, picks everything up with ease, attachments back on, then upstairs for bedroom carpets and landing, again with ease despite the varying lengths of the carpet, very impressive - oh did I say that I had wooden floors too? No worries

I even took the vacuum up into the loft room one handed, with no problems, as it is so lightweight to carry, again tackled that carpet beautifully. Emptying 'bag' is a doddle, unclip, pop into old plastic bag, clip up, ACE.

I have three cats - two silver grey - therefore pale hairs get everywhere - I mean everywhere - and a long haired black cat, all gorgeously beautiful but what a mess they leave. This Vax tackled it all without a backward glance and just a shrug - as if to say, OK Next.

In my overall and honest opinion, a brilliant, brilliant, lightweight machine that tackles everything in its sights. Really easy to assemble, I love the fact that it is so lightweight, really powerful, not too noisy. The only disadvantage I could write about is that the flex could be a wee bit longer, I would like the hose to be completely 'free' and the turbo charger - which is a great idea - to be able to 'bend' and adjust so can do the stairs at a different angle.

Due to the hose and the turbo chargers lack of angle, I attached to the (flexi) hose put the vacuum in front of me as I stood on the stairs and it was like a mini whirling dirvish - tackled the long cat hairs/short cat hairs with absolute ease and with still the suction there considering resting on the stairs.

One thing I will say and that is the brushes go straight to the skirting board, making it really easy to collect lint and hairs etc that are on the side of the wall - my other vacuum cleaner doesn't do this and I have a tied mark all the time - the Vax can also be virtually laid flat to get under beds and furniture.

Also like the adjustable height handle, very well thought out

I can't keep going on about this machine and people probably think I am weird, but I truly love it; the lightness, the power, the ease of use, ease of emptying, attachments really easy to attach etc

I love, love, love this little guy, amazing body, up to any task, certainly fit and well muscled for any household chore you put in its way, my Hero - swoon. Therefore my point of view a definite 10 from me, great all rounder and certainly would recommend
Only negative things I can think of is flex a little too short and hose is slightly akward to use as it is attached but apart from that I can still go up and down the stairs very eaily, by putting vacuum in front of me with no loss of suction, little turbo booster attachment could have a wee bit more flexibility but not too negative a point
26 of 28 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 31 Jan 2011

Confirmed purchaser Busy mum or dad

Score 10.0/10
This is the best vacuum cleaner I have owned, beating my old Dyson DC08 Animal (which broke down after 2 years), a Henry and a Morphy Richards pet. What I love about this vacuum cleaner is its simplicity. One button at the top of the machine changes between floor types, i.e. wooden and carpet. No more bending to the bottom of our old vacuum cleaner and struggling to change floor types between rooms. The handle can be adjusted for multiple heights with ease. The whole machine is so light weight that even my 3 year old can happily manoeuvre it around!!
The cord storage is deep enough to hold the entire lead and plug very securely. For me the design is great and because of the wide front bristle it manages to pick up debris at the edges of walls and furniture where my previous vacuum cleaners would not pick up.
Also the compact size means it can go further under furniture without having to swap to the other accessories. It comes with clear and concise instructions that are easy to follow. It picks up all of the animal hair (cat, guinea pigs) really well. The suction is very strong, however unlike other vacuum cleaners this strong suction is not a monster, and does not eat up everything: wires, rugs etc. If something is stuck in the front bristles, a red button flashes to tell you it has happened and the bristles then automatically stop rotating, a simple push of a button resets. The design allows easy cleaning and emptying and I also like the reusable filters.
Unfortunately, I now have no excuse; vacuuming my house is so quick and easy!
The only minor issues are that when removing the power cord from the cord storage, this often knocks off the hose accessories which are stored at the back. It doesn’t always pick up larger items of dirt, eg. guinea pig waste; it pushes it around instead of picking it up. I can however use the hose and attachments here very quickly.
Design 9.0
4 of 4 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 26 Jan 2011

Kay, Pet owner

light and cleans up to the edge and low enough to go under chairs and bed etc. very good suction.
I had trouble with disconnecting the hose to enable the wand to put on, I am disabled and found it hard to bend down long enough to disconnect, that said, the overall performance far outweighed this problem.
Design 7.0
Performance 9.0
5 of 6 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 23 Jan 2011

Confirmed purchaser Busy mum or dad

Score 8.0/10
good efficient cleaning
not so easy to manoevre, not at all easy to use on stairs
Ease of use 6.0
Design 7.0
Performance 9.0
2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 22 Jan 2011

Confirmed purchaser Frequent user

Score 10.0/10
it's small..lightweight and powerful ...I love it full stop ! .
Reviewer left no comment
5 of 6 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 12 Oct 2010

Confirmed purchaser Pet owner

Score 10.0/10
With two cats I need a vacuum that can cope with hairs and this one more than copes I could not believe how much hair and dust it picked up first time I used it and I had been using my old vacuum regularly! My carpets look like new when I vacuum them as the pile really gets lifted.
The only bad point is the small dust bag gets filled very quickly, but it is easy to empty so not a real problem.
Design 8.0
4 of 5 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 12 Nov 2010

Confirmed purchaser Pet owner

Score 10.0/10
Excellent at picking up cat hairs. Very light to pick up and move. Good that the hoover can be lifted when using the hose.
The attachments don't seem to stay on very well, I need to hold them on. Also, they don't seem to stay attached to the hoover at the back so I hav to keep them separate which is a bit of a pain!
3 of 4 people found this review helpful

Fragrance diffusor No
Controls in handle No
Release date 2009-07-30
Vacuum Cleaner Buyers Guide
We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 417 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or