Toshiba Satellite R630-13R reviews and prices: 13.3" Laptop computer

+ This laptop scores very high on size and weight. - It has no outstanding negative points.

No prices available

Toshiba Satellite R630-13R with Intel Core i3 I3-370M 2.4 GHz Dual Core Processor, 2GB of Memory and 320GB Storage on Windows 7 Home Premium. DVD drive, 8.55 hours of battery See full product description

Some customer reviews of Toshiba Satellite R630-13R

Confirmed purchaser General home user

Score 8.0/10
Well built and finished machine that's a delight to us. Performance, wifi, bluetooth and boot up speed all excellent
Reflective screen finish bit difficult to adjust to in bright light
Battery life 5.0
Performance 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 20 Mar 2011

David, Exmouth Business user

lightweight
keys and screen too glossy, in-built speakers poor, pre-loaded unpaid-for software pop-ups, partitioned hard drive C & D

Confirmed purchase: 16 Mar 2011

Simon, Bath, Somerset. General home user

Score 7.0/10
I like the laptop and think its worth the price I paid. I would not have bought it at the original asking price however. At that price I would have paid the extra and bought a Macbook Pro. The battery life seems very good to me and the design is very nice although the screen is very flimsy both up and in the down positions so you need to exercise care when handling. Overall a pretty good little machine and worth the money. I have had Toshiba laptops before and always been very pleased with them. I had a 17" laptop for 9 years once before changing, and that was because I wanted to, not because it broke or I needed to, so they are definitely good workhorses that stand the test of time. For the price I paid for this laptop there are definitely no complaints at all. I have listed a few bad points anyway, since the question has been asked, but overall I am very happy with my purchase at this price.
The amount of rubbish software that is on this laptop would be enough to make someone send it back. It is completely unnecessary, everyone hates it across the board and yet companies still do it, knowing it has a detrimental affect on their sales figures. I just can't understand this logic. If I was a novice user I am sure I would have sent it back immediately complaining that the laptop was so slow and virtually unusable. Instead, I immediately formatted the hard disk and put my own copy of Windows 7 Ultimate Edition on and the laptop now works beautifully and is fast and responsive. Memory is also cheap enough to upgrade and easy to install. As mentioned above, the screen is flimsy and also I don't like the fact you have to look at the screen directly head on to see it properly. If you move slightly to the side or too far up or down then it becomes blurry and difficult to read. This is not good and definitely should not be the case on a 'professional' portable in this range. You can always rely on Sony for first class screens but you will always pay a premium for this so you have to weight it up. In my case, for this price this laptop was selling for it was an easy decision to go with the Toshiba. I don't like the current range of Sony's in this price range anyway so that also helped!
2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 14 Oct 2011

Nigel , London Business user

Score 10.0/10
Easy to set up, lightweight and great to use.
Some of the Toshiba product & software updates don't load (or aren't appropriate) and keep appearing.
Size and weight 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 11 Apr 2011

Michael, Often on the move

Score 8.0/10
Light weight and apparently well made.
Fast.
I like the keyboard.
Very reasonable battery lifetime.
2Gb is too little memory to even install the Windows updates in a reasonable time. I immediately installed 8Gb and now it runs fast and very smoothly. But I knew this would be the case when I purchased the 13R model so not a surprise.
Glossy screen - almost unusable even in bright daylight.
Disk partitioning with equal size partitions for system and data.
Lots of irritating installed software, but easily removed.
Battery life 7.0
Size and weight 10.0
Performance 7.0
1 of 2 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 08 Apr 2011

Confirmed purchaser Often on the move

Score 7.0/10
Fast; lightweight; good display.
Takes a while to get used to the keyboard; too much Tosh software installed which is a nuisance and has to be weeded out.
Battery life 7.0
Design 7.0
Size and weight 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 05 Apr 2011

ian , Swansea Often on the move

For a mobile computer, one of the most important qualities is that it must have a good battery life , otherwise it is not realy a 'Mobile' computer. my toshiba has a long battery life between charges.

I will be using my computer to travel abroad for the purpose of downloading photoes that i take during diving . It is important to me that a computer must be light weight . due to the luggage weight allocation in airports.(most of my allocation goes with my diving equipment.The R 630 is light weight.
Havent found any yet.
Performance 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 03 Apr 2011

Product Features

Screen size (Inches) 13.3
Screen Resolution (pixels) 1280 x 720 (WXGA)
Operating system Windows 7 Home Premium
Release date 40391

Also known as: Satellite R630-13R

Laptop Buyers Guide

Manufacturer's Description

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 417 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or