Toshiba Satellite L630-130 reviews and prices: 13.3" Laptop computer

This laptop is a good all rounder.

No prices available

Toshiba Satellite L630-130 with Intel Core i3 i3-350M 2.26 GHz Dual Core Processor, 4GB of Memory and 320GB Storage on Windows 7 Home Premium. DVD drive, 4.5 hours of battery See full product description

Some customer reviews of Toshiba Satellite L630-130

Tony, Cambridgeshire Music, gaming or video fan

I use this machine when away from home. There is usually a mains power source available and I would not look to use the machine whilst commuting.
Beautiful machine that has good enough specs for me to put my old games on when I am away (Dawn of War series, Blitzkrieg, Pirates, Spore, Galactic Civiizations 2, BforME, etc); as well as a fantastic machine (excellent picture) for watching films on. Although reported for its lack of speaker power, I found it no worse than any other laptops out there (just play with the software to boost the base). If you want to fill a 'big room' with a 'full bass' sound, additional speakers will be required; for close, personal use the system speakers are good enough.
For info, I have also put the new Civ V demo on it and it plays well on the lowest settings. Also Blood Bowl works as well (even though the Blood Bowl company states it doesn't support Intel Graphic Cards).
I carried out a lot of research, and for it's size, the spec of this machine is fantastic. I am very happy with a system that I believe will last me a good 6-8 years.
No matter what you do, you're not going to get amazing sound from these laptop speakers (as with most laptops); work with what you have! I purchased the XMI Mini Max 2 speakers to enhance the sound and am very, very happy with the results. They are small speakers that do not increase the overall footprint of the system a great deal when set-up (part of the reason I went for the 13.3" with optical drive included, as opposed to a smaller screen that would require an increase in the overall footprint with a USB connected disc drive).
The system does not have a dedicated GPU but rather an integrated one. For me, the integrated GMA HD plays the games I have very well. For the size, you will not find many systems that have a dedicated card anyway (I did look at a HP laptop that had an ATI dedicated card, but it had a horrible, vomit-inducing dragon design that made me steer well clear). Also even the dedicated cards didn't give that much more performance; remember, it's no good putting a Ferrari engine into a machine, if none of the other components are going to be able to keep up with it and support its speed.
Battery life 7.0
Size and weight 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 30 Sep 2010

Satish, Greenhithe,Kent Home and Development

Excellent Design, Handy, Lightweight, keypad is good. Good Value for money.
Battery Life - Specs said 4 hours but it is coming about 3.2 hours
Battery life 7.0
Design 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 18 Aug 2010

Confirmed purchaser Business user

Score 10.0/10
Is the best computer I have eve bought.
None.
Battery life 10.0
Design 10.0
Size and weight 10.0
Performance 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 15 Oct 2010

mehmet, london General home user

Score 8.0/10
i like it's size and klavye
sounds is very very bad. batery life is not good enough and also I don't like it's touch pad...
Battery life 5.0
Performance 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 14 Dec 2010

Conor, Central London General home user

Score 1.0/10
Runs well, quite fast, quick to start up and shut down. Slick design and feels good to use.
VOLUME (or total lack thereof)! This computer has the worst speakers and only in a silent, soundproofed room is it possible to hear their output clearly, at full volume. I made a terrible mistake, not checking the speaker output capability.
Battery life 8.0
Performance 7.0
0 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 13 Sep 2010

sammy, Often on the move

Score 8.0/10
its quite slim and its a 13inch with DVD drive with very good design, it has very good screen and pinch to zoom function on the touch pad. The toshiba utillites software is very handy, eco mode, face recognition with bios pasword.etc
Very platic, the battery makes fiddly noise because it does not fit into the compartment well, the touch pad its too small, also the glossy lid attracks finger marks. overall its very good laptop
Battery life 6.0
Design 6.0
Size and weight 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 13 Sep 2010

kay, London Often on the move

Score 2.0/10
I like the size 13.3 inches is convenient for me.
The sound quality is extremely very bad. It is very low- I can't watch an online film as I cant hear it even at maximum capacity. The sound to listen to my music on Itunes is very tinny and also very low at maximum capacity. I used to listen to my music whilst washing the dishes and doing household chores on my previous laptop- I have now reverted back to listening to my tapes and CD's, which defeats the purpose of me buying it in the first place.
There is no volume wheel- which I had on a previous Toshiba..I would also have appreciated another usb slot. Compared to the previous toshiba I had this model is not as good. It is a waste of money- the price of a long haul holiday. I thought I was investing this money but it turned out to be the biggest waste of my life ever. I am really dissapointed and will look to buying another brand in future and will never buy a Toshiba again as a result of this experience.
Battery life 5.0
Design 3.0
Size and weight 3.0
Performance 2.0

Confirmed purchase: 03 Sep 2010

Product Features

Screen size (Inches) 13.3
Screen Resolution (pixels) 1280 x 720 (WXGA)
Operating system Windows 7 Home Premium
Remote control No

Also known as: Satellite L630-130

Laptop Buyers Guide

Manufacturer's Description

Style & portability. The Satellite L630 has a stylish gloss black lightweight design weighing only 2.1kg and has a 33.8cm (13.3") TruBrite display. It also features the latest Intel processors, up to 5 hours battery life and a range of multimedia features including HDMI connectivity and 5-in-1 media card reader.

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 419 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or