TomTom announces a new era in car navigation: the GO 520 & 720. It takes everything that has made TomTom the world leader in portable navigation and builds on it. Perfectly engineered, and with a range of enhancements to every aspect of your navigation experience:
• TomTom’s legendary ease of use, made even easier
• A navigation performance that sets new industry standards with best-in-class GPS reception, best maps, unique TomTom Map Share™ updates and much more.
The smartest navigator is also the easiest
TomTom has a reputation for the most user-friendly and efficient navigators. And the GO 520 & 720 are no exception.
A range of useful and also fun new features all benefit from the latest version of an award-winning intuitive user interface that makes the smartest TomTom technology easy to use.
• Easier on the eye: a 4.3" widescreen improves your view of
where you are, and makes entering instructions easier and
• Better communicator: text-to-speech means your device can
announce street names, as well as sms and traffic messages.
Giving you easier guidance and allowing you to focus better
on the road ahead. • Better listener: speech recognition le! ts you tell your device
where to go, instead of typing it on the screen.
• Better view day and night: light sensor gives automatic
Instant map updates via
TomTom Map Share™
TomTom Map Share™ is technology unique to TomTom which enables you to add to, update and personalise
your maps instantly. It also lets you share and benefit from fellow users’ changes – daily, automatically and easily
via TomTom HOME. And even better, TomTom has the world’s largest satellite navigation community that can
contribute and exchange all their changes amongst each other. Making the best maps available for all of them.
TomTom Map Share™ means TomTom drivers can always have the most up-to-d! ate maps at their fingertips. Choose the changes you want – for example, choose only those submitted by many users, or only those checked and approved by TomTom. Have the inside local knowledge, wherever you go.
Easy voice address input.
Speaking an address, to tell your device where to take you, is much easier than typing. TomTom GO 520 & 720 understand the pronunciation of city and street names. You can also answer questions while driving, so you can keep
your eyes on the road with the combination of text-to-speech and speech recognition technology.
Your GO 520 or 720 asks:
• “Traffic delay now 12 minutes; shall I try to optimize?”
• “A new text message was received; shall ! I read it aloud?”
and you just reply “! Yes” or “No”.
At the heart of the TomTom GO 520 & 720 is its navigation performance:
• High sensitivity GPS chipset gives you the best positioning.
• Industry-leading route calculation takes you there the best possible way.
• Should you deviate from your planned route, fast route re-calculation adjusts to your new location instantly.
• And when you first turn on, TomTom QuickGPSfix™ technology is best at finding the GPS satellites, to give you even quicker start-up.
Points of Interest that tell you more.
The GO 520 & 720 give you access to literally thousands of Points of Interest – fuel stations, parking, restaurant! s, cash machines and lots more. Many now come ready for Rich Content – extra information on your destination or stop, such as overview maps, pictures, descriptions and phone numbers.
Now you can find a restaurant you like while you’re still on the open road. (And with hands-free calling – you can even phone to reserve a table.)
Safe & efficient driving
Efficient traffic avoidance
Improve your routefinding with live traffic info. TomTom GO 520/720will calculate the effect of traffic and suggest alternative routes:
• Choose automatic or on-demand traffic updates.
• Choice of alternative routes to suit: Quickest route, Avoid any traffic congestion, Stay on same route, etc.
• Pre-program a regular route, such as “Home-Work”, for a quick-&a! mp;-easy traffic check each time.
• A clear overview of t! he entir e traffic situation, integrated seamlessly into your navigation view via the improved traffic bar.
TomTom offers two options for receiving traffic information:
1. The TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver receives standard “TMC”
traffic updates (RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver is an optional extra on standard 520 and 720 models). These are broadcast at regular intervals “over the
air”, rather like the traffic reports you hear on your car radio. The 520T & 720T models come with this Traffic Receiver as standard.
2. TomTom’s Traffic service*. combines traffic information from several top quality providers. TomTom uses the most reliable,
accurate and real-time traffic information available. It sends this information to your TomTom device, via your Bluetooth® mobile
phone, whenever you want. TomTom GO will even give you notice of adverse weather conditions for the route ahead
- N ot available in! all countries. A data-enabled Bluetooth® mobile phone is required. Check your network operator for any data charges.
Hands-free calling. Safer and simpler
Hands-free calling, via Bluetooth®, lets you take a call with just a tap of the screen, or with speech recognition just by saying “yes”. So you can
keep hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. With optimized acoustic design, enhanced noise reduction, echo cancellation technology and the
new high performance speaker the GO 520 & 720 give you the best hands-free calling experience, comparable with Bluetooth® hands free car kits.
We take your safety as seriously as you do
Technological innovation and smart design combine to make TomTom ! GO 520 & 720 best in class for driver safety. Of cours! e, clear visual and spoken instructions in your chosen language mean that following navigation directions is a calm and relaxing experience. Plus, a range of features make it easier to concentrate on the road ahead:
Choose which options you want to help you drive safely:
• display of current speed limit
• speeding warnings
• recommended driving breaks
• warnings of schools or places of worship
• unpaved road warnings and more.
Smart & Fun Extras
Driving’s only half the fun
Your GO 520/720 has an MP3 Player on board with up to 2GB of memory* and transmits to your FM radio, via the FM Transmitter**, so you can play your digital music over the car audio system. It’ll even go quiet as you hear navigation instructions and
hand! s-free phone calls there as well. You can personalise it too:
• Record the navigation instructions in your own voice, or a
friend’s (hear your special someone say “Turn right, sweetie!”)
• Choose the icon that shows where you are on the map,
or even create your own.
• Download your own ringtones or map colour schemes,
and more, through the “TomTom HOME” software
- Available via an optional SD card
- The use of the FM radio frequencies by short range devices is governed by local laws and
regulations which may vary from country to country
- The use of the FM radio frequencies by short range devices is governed by local laws and
TomTom is powered by Tele Atlas Quality Maps.
Tele Atlas is a leading worldwide map data provider for personal navigation solutions. In a rapidly expanding industry and changing world, Tele Atlas continuously produces rich, fresh and accurate quality maps. Tele Atlas brand promise: find more, reflects how we see a world where people do not just want to move from A to B, but want to find interesting things and places on the way: restaurants, hotels, petrol stations, museums and so on. It’s not about just guiding users to destinations but also helping them easily find the people, places and products that interest them the most.
Perfectly engineered; New TomTom GO 720, the ultimate car navigator. Elegant, slim, pocketable design – perfect fit for your car and your pocket. GO 720 takes everything that has made TomTom the world leader in portable navigation and builds on it. Perfectly engineered, and with a range of enhancements to every aspect of your navigation experience. Speech Recognition: Speaking an address, to tell your device where to take you, is much easier than typing. TomTom GO 720 understands the pronunciation of city and street names. You can also answer questions while driving, so you can keep your eyes on the road with the combination of text-to-speech and speech recognition technology. For example: Your GO 720 asks: “Traffic delay now 12 minutes; shall I try to optimize?” “A new text message was received; shall I read it aloud?” and you just reply “Yes” or “No” Best Navigation At the heart of the TomTom GO 720 is its navigation performance: High sensitivity GPS chipset gives you the best positioning Industry-leading route calculation takes you there the best possible way Should you deviate from your planned route, fast route re-calculation adjusts to your new location instantly And when you first turn on, TomTom QuickGPSfix technology is best at finding the GPS satellites, to give you even quicker start-up Navigation innovations include: See where you are: Building footprints, for a more realistic representation of your surroundings Hear where you are: text-to-speech means your device announces street names, for even easier identification of your turn Today’s best maps. And tomorrow’s. TomTom GO 720 come with the latest and most complete maps pre-installed on 2GB internal memory, for accurate, door-to-door navigation throughout Western Europe. Coverage includes Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Republic