Tech Air 15.6 inch Backpack reviews

This laptop bag is a good all rounder.

No prices available

3. Related products

Some customer reviews of Tech Air 15.6 inch Backpack

Brian, Dublin

Score 8.0/10
ease of acess for the laptop.
I would be concerned about the level of protection atthe base of the bag. When putting down the bag this is the area where the laotop will come in contact with the ground and thus suceptable to damage.
Design / Appearance 8.0
2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 20 Nov 2009

Confirmed purchaser

Score 7.0/10
The bag has a decent sized area for folders or notepads. Overall, just what I'd expect and about the perfect size.
The pocket in the 'middle' was surprisingly small, considering that there was nothing to stop it spanning the width of the bag. Can get very warm if you are cycling with the bag on.
Design / Appearance 8.0
Weight 6.0
Storage / Compartments 6.0
Durability 9.0
Level of protection 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 16 Sep 2011

Jonny, Bristol

It has a seperate section for the laptop, which slides in and is protected by padded strips front and back, it also has a nice velcro secured strecthy piece to keep it snugly tucked in. There is plenty of other space and pockets for all the things I need, Pad of A4 paper, pens, highlighters, a front pocket for my small writing notebook along with my audio recorder (I am a radio journalist). There are also sections on the inside of varying sizes that can fit my business cards nicely (3 sections like that) and 2 other sections that are postcard size (I use them for postcard flyers advertising our radio station). Also space for my headphones, in a seperate pocket, another front zip pocket where I keep my mouse and laptop power pack and then a final pocket in between the shoulders blades that is meant for an mp3 player, since it has a hole where the headphones can feed out, but personally I use it to keep my keys inside (since I have lots of different sets of keys on different keyrings).

Another thing that was a worry was getting caught in the rain, with a laptop with highly sensitive electronic components strapped to you back! I noticed the backpack said it was 'splash proof' so a brief shower wasn't a problem but I did since purchasing it get caught in a full on heavy shower. I made my way as quickly as I could to my home all the life cringing that my laptop was going to be ruined. Upon reaching my home however I opened it up and the laptop was fine, it was very slightly moist on the outside and some of my papers, my pad, notebook, were all wet as the water had seeped inside but the laptop was fine. I would not recommened taking it out in the backpack in a heavy shower, but if you get caught on the fly you have some degree of protection.

Overall I fit a lot inside, as much as I used to fit in my previous backpack before I owned a laptop.
Because you can fit so much inside, it is likely to get very heavy. Personally my laptop is very light, so it's fine, but if you have an older or heavier laptop it is likely to get heavy quickly. Just need to carry less stuff though I suppose.

Other bad points is I am not sure if the material itself will be able to stand up to too much abuse. So far it seems fine but the lining inside seems a bit weak and looks like it could tear easily if caught on a sharp edge.
Design / Appearance 9.0
Weight 9.0
Storage / Compartments 9.0
Durability 7.0
Level of protection 6.0
2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 05 Aug 2010

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 419 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or