Teac NS-X1 reviews

This iPad dock is a good all rounder.

£100 at 1 retailer out of 419 retailers checked

Teac NS-X1: iPad, iPhone, iPod See full product description

People Also Viewed

4. Related products

Some customer reviews of Teac NS-X1

Paul,

Score 7.0/10
Excellent design and great build quality. I thought the internet radio is excellent.
Sound quality not good enough
Sound quality 3.0
0 of 2 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 30 Jun 2012

Raymond, Ingatestone

Airplay
FM reception no good - Internet radio doesn't play many, many of the stations listed (format error). Could do with it's own iPhone app.
Sound quality 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 26 Jun 2012

Christopher,

Score 1.0/10
its silver?
PLEASE READ: This is the worst product ever! I bought it to go in my new apartment in Malta before I came back. The first one I had deliverered would not work when I placed my iphone 4 in it. I thought at first it may be the docking plug as it is not a great fit. The system would respond to my controls to skip songs, shuffle etc and would do everything but play the music. That is, the song was playing but no music was coming out. I took it back to ______ and swapped it no bother. I bought the new one out here and it is doing exactly the same thing. For example: today I managed to get it to play songs and I pressed the skip button on the remote and it decided that it wasn't going to play any more songs. I really do not know why. There is zero tech help with the instructions apart from the muppet stuff of 'check its plugged in' and I have the latest version of IOS on my Iphone.
I was apprehensive as to why this was pretty cheap in the first place and now I know why! I've not set up the Airplay yet as Im waiitng on my PC getting here but I don't hold much hope as it wont even play the Iphone that plugs into it.
Please do not buy this and experience the same problems and issues I have had with it.
Sound quality 4.0
2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 26 Jul 2012

Chris, Bristol Tech savvy gadget geek

Score 1.0/10
Good idea, looks pretty good, when it works it's just what I wanted.
So many bad points that it's now being returned, I really wanted to like this product and gave it every chance.

1. It's slow - turning it on, choosing a favourite internet radio station and actually getting sound out of it takes about 20 seconds. All menu navigation is sluggish.

2. iPhone dock is inconsistent - sometimes it doesn't recognise the phone, sometimes it simply doesn't play the iPod audio through the dock connector. When it does work, as soon as you plug it in, it stops what you were playing and returns you to the playlist menu.

3 - Internet radio frequently cuts out. If it gives up on a station it, for some odd reason, just moves onto your next favourite!?

4 - AirPlay feature regularly cuts out - often needs to be powered off and on before it appears on the network

5 - Device can be renamed on your network but resets itself to the default network name periodically

I have another AirPlay device on my network which has no problems whatsoever, nor do other wi-fi devices in the same area of my house. It feels like half of the problems are an inferior wifi module, but I couldn't be sure.

It's exactly the product that I wanted, but simply had too many problems to be of any use.

I'd buy a cheaper dock with better audio quality and plug it into an Airport Express to get this feature in the future.

Sound quality 6.0
Design 6.0
Compatibility 1.0
Performance 1.0
Portability 1.0

Confirmed purchase: 25 Apr 2012

Dinah, Cambridge

Score 6.0/10
I loved the sound quality.
I loved being able to hear it well all over my small bungalow, (1 bedroom).
It looks fine.
set up was very easy
dosen't work with my itunes on my windows 7 laptop; this is the secon one I have had in 3 days, and both experienced the same problem; Teac head office told me to take them back, (both times).

I also dislike the tiny readout; I want to use it at the other end of the room from where i am seated; hence wire-less; can't see the readout without getting up to look. No use to try to hide it away, cos then you can't use it. A remote with a screen would be better though I did like the provided remote, apart from that quibble.
Features 10.0

great looking
neat
wireless
slow on the remote
bit distorted at loud volumes
Sound quality 7.0

Wireless or wired Wired
Remote control Yes

Manufacturer's Description

The Coolest, Slimmest AirPlay System

This is the newest technology beautifully crafted in a slim silver/black unit that incorporates FM and Internet radio as well as a dock for iPod and iPhone. 10W+10W power output, 3 inch speakers with Bass-reflex and Apple AirPlay for multi-room music streaming. Control the system from your iPad, iPod, iPhone. This is the future of music.

Product Retailer Price Total price Buy now