Sony Vaio VGC-LT2S PC Reviews: Windows Vista Home Premium Computer

This desktop computer is a good all rounder.

No prices available

Sony Vaio VGC-LT2S with Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 2.1 GHz Dual Core Processor, 2GB of Memory and 500GB Storage on Windows Vista Home Premium. DVD writer See full product description

People Also Viewed

4. Related products

Some customer reviews of Sony Vaio VGC-LT2S

Lorraine, County Durham I love my computers

Score 10.0/10
First impression after taking it out of the box was WOW what a gorgeous looking machine, but hey I'm a woman and it really is beautiful and very classy looking too, not the sort of machine you want to hide away you want everyone to see how lovely it is. I'm even thinking of buying another just to use as a TV & Media Centre so I would have a matching pair.....lol, and it’s also wall mountable, it's just perfect!, well I think by now you know I really love how my new computer looks. It’s so easy to move from room to room so you don't have to be locked away in a separate room to everyone else anymore.

It took no effort to set it up I never even opened the instructions, but even if your new to computers it takes you through each stage and everything is built in so no extra bits gathering dust so another plus for that.
I won't go into everything it has because you can read the specs for yourself, the only thing is you have to create your own DVD's for recovery purpose so make sure you have three blank DVD's at hand, I can only assume that Sony didn't want to go to the trouble of sorting out the discs in various languages because they used to issue the discs when I bought my Vaio laptop some years back.

The picture quality is fantastic so sharp and clear but you wouldn't expect anything less from Sony, I linked it up to my Netgear wireless router with no problems and it found the connection straight away it was certainly much easier than my old desktop running XP. I really don't know what all the fuss was about with running Vista I have had no problems with it at all and I spend an awful long time at the computer not only for my own use but for business as well. I had done some research on Vista yet all I read about the operating system was nothing but complaints it stopped me from upgrading my old computer, but I have no complaints about it at all
Unless you do desk top publishing or a lot of office work like me nearly everything you need software wise is already in the computer.
It’s a computer, it’s a TV, it’s a DVD/Video recorder, it’s a music centre, it’s everything you want in one compact machine.... it’s just simply perfect.

I have only one complaint with Sony, they give you a fabulous brushed aluminium keyboard with a cover to stop all those crumbs and dust getting in, so now you have a very classy computer and keyboard then they go and ship a two button mouse with a wheel not even a rechargeable one, now I don’t know about other buyers but I would of willingly paid a few pound more for a better mouse that matched everything else.
Other than that if you’re thinking about buying one of these machines just go for it you’re going to love it and not regret your purchase.

Just the one bad point and that's the mouse they ship with the computer
How easy to set-up 10.0
Software bundle 10.0
How easy to connect to internet 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 27 Jun 2008

Confirmed purchaser

Very stylish
Media streaming doesn't work well
Build Quality 9.0

Reception/Sound quality 10.0
Range 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 23 May 2009

Confirmed purchaser

Brilliant display and impressive performance
has a habit of closing down when you do not want it
Build Quality 9.0

Number of USB ports 5
Release date 2008-03-25

Manufacturer's Description

Unique design

A glassy transparent contour and an elegant aluminium frame looks beautiful and blends perfectly with contemporary interior décor.

All-in-one simplicity

Simplicity is pursued by eliminating clutters around the main unit. Wireless mouse and keyboard omits tangled cables. Clean back panel is carefully designed to look elegant from 360 degrees angles.

It is also convenient to move from one room to another since no cumbersome connection is needed.

Slot-in Blu-ray Disc™ Drive

Experience High Definition entertainment with Blu-ray Disc™ Drive. Watch HD movies, edit your own productions and store up to 50GB of multimedia data on a single Blu-ray disc™.

Large high resolution display

Enjoy multimedia entertainment on widescreen X-black LCD display with four lamps technology for super sharp and bright pictures with amazing colour depth and contrast.

The large screen allows watching TV from a distant sofa using the supplied remote commander.

The LM1 features a 19” wide XGA display while the LT1 sports an even larger 22” wide SXGA display offering up to 1680 × 1050 resolution.

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 424 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or