Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Reviews and Deals

+ This mobile phone has no outstanding positive points. - It scores very poorly on battery life.

Compare prices

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10: Smartphone with 8.1MP camera, Touchscreen and 480 x 854 display. See full product description

People Also Viewed

3. Expert reviews
  5. Related products

Some customer reviews of Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Confirmed purchaser love text, facebook, music.

Score 8.0/10
verry stylish, brilliant camera. learning something new every day about this phone, it does take time to understand the phone, but well worth it
battery life is not very good especialy if you listen to music etc
Ease of use 9.0
Battery life 5.0
3 of 4 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 31 Mar 2011

Meghan, Appleby Style and looks come first

Great phone, the size of the touch screen is perfect. The only down side is that the Media Scape app which comes pre installed on the phone constantly forse closes and and the 8.1 mega pixal camera dosnt have a flash which is a RALLY big let down, its great in daylight but as soon as it gets just a little dark the picture quality is shooing and I can't seem to find an app to install one even though it has a flash light app so it has the capability to have one, its so frustrating!!!!! Apart from the odd forge close on a few other apps its a great phone.
No Flash on 8.1 mega pixal Camera. SO ANNOYING!!! It is the least you'd expect from a phone of this price.
Constantly Fosse Closing on Media Scape the only access to photos on the phone, music and videos, this is extemly frustrating.
Also forge closes on other apps.
No remote control for music on head phones.
Very bad battery life,
Phone quite frequently freezes.
Battery life 5.0
Design 9.0
2 of 4 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 25 Jan 2011

Confirmed purchaser Basic text and chat user

Score 10.0/10
Camera excellent. Video good. Overall presentation of the phone - classy
keypad far too sensitive
Ease of use 9.0
Battery life 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 24 Feb 2011

jacqui, worthing Basic text and chat user

Score 5.0/10
easy to use
keeps frezzing
Battery life 1.0

Confirmed purchase: 20 Nov 2010

Catherine, Runcorn, Cheshire Loves photographing my children

Score 2.0/10
Big clear screen, good access to the Internet, it makes phone calls, sends texts and I can play Sudoku on it.
Bad: No flash for the camera, blurred photo's, no lens cover, ring and notification tones aren't loud enough (to name a few).

I had 4 Sony Ericsson Satio's (purely for the excellent camera) but after the 4th one went mad I was offered the X10. After thinking about it for 3 weeks & even going to a shop & looking at one I decided I might as well get it as there's only 4 months left on my Contract.
What put me off before getting it was the lack of flash on the camera. I have 2 small children so take a lot of photo's. I was told there is a 'camera light' but the 'demo phone' was in Swedish we couldn't check it.
The 'camera light' has to be switched on from the Advanced Settings in Camera Mode, it stays on permanently as long as you don't switch the camera off. Once you come out of Camera Mode you'll have to put the light back on when you go back in to Camera Mode through the Advanced settings again. A complete pain in the backside.
The photo's aren't very clear either if you move slightly or the subject moves. I've now resorted to getting my digital camera out again just so that I can have decent photo's.
No lens cover is annoying as you take a photo then realise that the lens needs cleaning.
The tones aren't loud enough (especially notification tones) and I can't find a 'loud' or 'outside' setting so I keep missing calls etc.
Other than the low tone to inform you of a text the only other way the phone informs you that you have one is a tiny envelope symbol in the top left corner. I like to be able to SEE I've got a text not guess whether I'm looking at the right symbol at 7am in the morning.
The download page where EVERYTHING goes is a pain. Any APPS etc that you download get put on the same page as the APPS that come with the phone instead of a seperate folder and they don't get grouped together so you have to scroll and scroll looking for your recent APPS or even just for your Settings icon because they move around with each download.
If you put an APPS icon on your Home Screen or any of the other screens then it STILL stays on the main download page so you're still scrolling past all the APPS that have been downloaded even if you've moved it.
Finding a WiFi site is fine but trying to tell the phone NOT to connect to the Internet unless I say it's OK is impossible. I've tried various settings but it's either allow data or not so then it won't send or receive MMS.
Personally I wish I'd have just got another Satio and suffered a slightly bad phone for 4 months. LOL
..............................................................................................................................................................................

Bad: Camera, no flash, camera, camera, no flash, battery life, slow to respond, not loud enough on the ring or notification tones, too easy to put on silent.

Well I've had this now for a few weeks and I still agree with everything that I put in my previous review.
I'm now going to change the fact that you CAN turn off the data so it doesn't automatically connect to the Internet rather than Wi-Fi and you still get MMS messages but it's annoying to go through all the stuff to swictch it on or off as needed.
I'm now adding..... It's far too easy to lower the ring tone or put on silent. So much so that my 2 year old who likes to play on the Apps that I've put on for her constantly turns the phone to silent. It also doesn't vibrate all the time when on silent so there's not even a hint that the phone is ringing.
The phone tones are unbelievably low, I've missed loads of calls which is annoying as I run my own business.
The camera is still rubbish. It's annoying telling my kids to stay where they are while I just 'put the phone light on'. The camera on my old Satio was excellent and sooooo clear whereas this is blurred with the slightest movement and even photo's that look quite good, once you start zooming in, they are dreadful.
I've got some good Apps on for my children, who are 6 and 2 and I have Sudoku for me but other than that it's generally phone calls, texts and Facebook.
I wouldn't recommend this phone to anyone who wants decent photo's but I suppose it's not too bad for anything else (as long as you charge it every day).
Oh, and unless you exit out of the Apps or do the 'back button' to come out of them they stay on in the background and use your battery up without you knowing it.
Ease of use 4.0
Features 7.0
Battery life 2.0
Design 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 11 Jan 2011

eileen, filey Basic text and chat user

Score 7.0/10
good size lots apps camera memory
battery life instuctions on use
Ease of use 5.0
Battery life 2.0
Design 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 11 Feb 2011

Tony, Barwell Business or web user

Had an iPhone for 4 months, which as a social thing is OK, but it is empire controlled and the dictators at Apple wont let you bluetooth other than to other iPhones, you have to use itunes, no other choice. Blackberrys seem to suffer similarly from restrictions. Android 2.3 is excellent and this phone for me kills the iPhone dead and does not suffer from the Steve Jobs iControl you issues.
Great Apps that are also fast catching up with the iStore ones so perhaps soon Steve Jobs and his control freaks will get a real run for their money.
Would buy again without a second thought!
As with all Smart phones battery life is not as good as the old fashioned Nokia bricks, but they do so much more so much better, phones used to be used for calls and texting, now you have 3g and surf, or playb games which uses a lot of processing power.. so you have to compromise not complain. I did however expect a little more from a 1500mah battery but overall more than happy.
Battery life 7.0

Release date 2009-11-11

Also known as: Sony Ericsson X10

Mobile Phone Buyers Guide

Manufacturer's Description

Watch. Listen. Play. The Xperia™ X10 Android smartphone, now with HD video.

Smartphone with HD quality video

Holiday memories. Birthday parties. Concerts. Catch it all. In moving pictures – the Xperia™ X10 smartphone lets you record video in HD quality. Or in pictures with the 8.1 megapixel camera.

Watch and play on the 4" touchscreen

Drama or comedy? Enjoy on the 4" touchscreen. Your photos look great there too. And when you want to be part of the action, go for a game. Or just chill out with your favourite websites.

Take your pick on Android Market

Tools for your travels. Games and news. Get the apps you want from Android Market. Google services make life a little easier.

Sony Ericsson Xperia reviews and deals