Effective communication requires sharp focus and uncompromising professionalism. The DSR-PD170P digital camcorder was developed for professional needs. From college campus to large-scale enterprises, the rush is on to leverage the power of the “new media" because there’s no time to lose.
The DSR-PD170P combines the latest technology: DVCAM record and playback, state-of-the-art 1/3-inch CCDs, PC-based editing, professional sound and built-in special effects. Add to that surprising ease of operation at an unexpectedly low cost and seamless compatibility with a host of other Sony products, and your multimedia, video-streaming or documentary-style messages are a lot closer to realisation than you would have thought possible.
Picture quality & reliability are two of the key features that helped make the DSR-PD150P such a phenominal success – widely regarded as the de-facto standard for professional 3CCD compact camcorders since its launch in 2000. The new DSR-PD170P builds on this success with improved video-audio performance, as well as a host of ergonomic and operational improvements – specially developed in response to customer requests.
Added and Improved Functions on DSR-PD170P (compared to earlier DSR-PD150P).
- Improved minimum illumination
- Improved audio quality for manual recording
- On-handle zoom lever and Rec start/stop button
- Larger handle size
- Larger viewfinder
- Hybrid LCD panel
- More precise Iris control
- Supplied wide conversion lens and new lens hood
- Supplied hood with built-in lens cap
- Simultaneous turn on of LCD panel and viewfinder
- i.LINK cable strap
- New body colour and new design for zoom / focus rings.