Sennheiser HD 215 Headphones reviews

This headphones and earphone is a good all rounder.

£59 at 1 retailer out of 410 retailers checked

3 of 3 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 25 Mar 2008

flude, soham

Score 10.0/10
i bought these headphones for dj use, really comfortable, and excellent sound quality and clarity
Reviewer left no comment
Sound quality 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 18 Jul 2008

Confirmed purchaser

Score 10.0/10
quality sound for dj and studio use, very crisp and clear. closed can also reduces ambient noise to a huge extent so again great for mixing.
sounds is so bright can be a little harsh so not ideal listening headphones, but they are designed for DJ use so this is not really a big problem.
Design 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 18 Apr 2008

Confirmed purchaser Audiophile

Great design with the flip up right ear piece and detachable lead.
Not great bass response,
Comfort 9.0
Sound quality 8.0
1 of 3 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 12 Oct 2009

John, Redcar Small time DJ

Score 8.0/10
Full ear coverage which helps to block out monitor speakers etc. Comfortable. Detachable & coiled cable.
Sound quality is ok, but a bit quiet when half on ear so restricted to full ear when beatmatching/mixing.
Sound quality 6.0
Design 8.0
2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 12 Aug 2008

Theo, Audiophile

Really good all round pair of headphones for casual listening, musicians DJ's or Gamers. Bass drops off after about 55Hz but very good even frequency response, quite incredible for the price! Use them for practicing drums and the sound isolation is amazing. Also extremely comfortable. I've worn them for hours and don't get any discomfort or listening fatigue. Very sturdy build, better than many studio headphones three or four times the price. Probably not quite flat enough frequency response for making amazing mixes with, but that said my friend uses a pair to make home demo's on and they come out sounding very good on most speakers.
First pair I got by mail order were not working but took them to my nearest shop and they were very helpful. New pair are everything I hopes they would be from my friend's description. Lacking the really low end bass, but hardly anyone needs that anyway, and for the price I'm not complaining!
Comfort 10.0
Sound quality 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 04 Feb 2013

Stephen, Southampton Music lover

Score 10.0/10
Despite the marketing for DJ use, I bought these for listening to classical music from a portable CD player; they have superb neutral uncoloured detailed sound with a wide and balanced frequency response - very much better high frequency response than the PX100s I was using previously - and a (to me) sensible non-exaggerated bass response. The deep sounds are all audible and satisfying, but now (again, unlike the PX100s) I can very clearly hear the difference between, say, pianissimo beats on the timpani and plucked strings on double-basses.

I feel I am hearing exactly what the recording engineer intended and getting a realistic concert hall sound (I attend live chamber or symphony concerts at least a couple of times a month). I am also pleased with the output volume of these phones: classical recordings often seem to be produced at a lower sound level than other genres, yet these phones reproduce most of my CDs with plenty of volume straight from a battery operated portable CD player without any additional amplification.

These phones have a detachable/replaceable cord, but what they don't tell you on the box (but I discovered from the official Sennheiser website) is that you can also replace the earpads and the pad underneath the headband. The prices for these parts direct from Sennheiser seem quite reasonable.

As I planned to do some of my listening outside in my garden during the summer, I wanted phones that suppress general sounds from the neighbourhood around me. These phones muffle loud external sounds rather than eliminate them completely, and people right next to me can faintly hear the music I am listening to. But I find this much preferable to the situation with open-backed phones, which whilst (according to received wisdom) giving a "better" sound for classical music, also of course allow a great deal of intrusion from noise around you.

I might have spent 3 times the price and bought some phones from nearer the top of the Sennheiser range, but for my particular equipment and needs these represent the ideal optimum - and the best sound quality I have enjoyed since owning a pair of Koss Pro 4AAs back in the 1970s!
No bad points at all really. I 'only' gave 9 for the sound, in recognition that the top of range open back Sennheisers give a theoretically even better sound quality (but as I said above, not necessarily for my particular needs or equipment).
Comfort 10.0

Impedance (Ohms) 32
Release date 2005-04-08

Also known as: SennheiserHD215, SENNHEISER HD215

Manufacturer's Description

Enjoy excellent sound: The HD 215 has both outstanding sound characteristics and excellent attenuation of ambient noise. The rotatable ear cup for one-ear listening and the single-sided coiled cable make them ideal for DJ monitoring.

Product Retailer Price Total price Buy now