Samsung SEK-2000 2014 Evolution Kit reviews

This set top box is a good all rounder.

No prices available

See full product description

People Also Viewed

4. Related products

Some customer reviews of Samsung SEK-2000 2014 Evolution Kit

Benjamin, Newport Gwent.

Score 10.0/10
The Samsung evolution kit is one of the best tech specs that samsung has ever produced. It changed my F8000 tv series into something amazing. Will recommend anytime anyday...
Doesn't support YouTube and some few other apps on multilink.
Ease of use 8.0
Image quality 9.0
Sound quality 9.0
Range of features 6.0

Confirmed purchase: 29 Jan 2015

Andrew, Modbury Devon Technology is my passion

Score 6.0/10
The new user interface is nicer with a more intuitive remote. No improvement to sound or vision but you do get more memory and a faster prosesor but only if you upgrade a 2012 tv. I have already fitted a evolution kit SEK 1000 so the only benefit for me was the new user interface and a new remote.
I found it very hard to fit as you have to be extremely carful not to damage the socket in the TV. I had a Samsung engineer to fit mine and he damaged and had to fit a new main board in the TV. Luckily still under guarantee
Ease of use 1.0
Image quality 5.0
Sound quality 5.0
Range of features 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 13 Feb 2015

Richard, Landkey, Barnstaple.

Fitting.
For me, this was way easier than some of the nightmare scenarios that I'd read online with multiple attempts to get it plugged in and working properly, it went in 1st time, but with no click as I was expecting there to be, & updated etc. with no issues.

Remote.
The new smart screen icons, including HDMI input option, are a doddle to action with the laser guided remote :-D, it's not a laser, obviously, or it wouldn't wander off! (See bad points). There is a ball of light that you move around the screen by pointing your remote at whatever you wish, including the letters on a pop up keypad, then press the enter button. The light comes on when it senses your thumb on the directional pad.
The Keypad button brings up an on screen representation of the old style remote with access with everything on it via that, not a qwerty keyboard as I was thinking :-D.

Smart Hub.
I like the way this is set out in sections, though I've not had enough time to really experiment with it properly yet. I added a few apps, like Amazon Prime, TuneIn Radio & Spotify (+ others) to my favourites, downloaded them & logged in, & they all work well :-)

Image quality.
Some say it doesn't have the ability to change that, some do, my own experience is that it does look better, but it may be that it just simply set the telly up differently on restart compared to how it was before the upgrade??

Sound.
I've no idea, all mine goes through the amplifier :-)

Value for money.
I was debating at full price, but at 32% off what's not to like! Where can you buy a 55" 2014 TV for that lol :-D

Unfortunately that's all I can tell you for now as I've really not sat down with it in any great way to experiment.

P.S.- Keyboard.
Samsung Customer Support got back to me to confirm that their VG-KBD2000/XU keyboard will indeed work with this Evo kit :-)
I hope that helps those of you that like using the browser, though I've no idea on whether it will help in your social media apps as I've not tried.
Have a great day all & Happy Viewing :-).
The remote control light beam tends to wander off, but if you push up against the edge of the screen until you are pointing the remote straight at it again then it will correct itself, until it wanders off again lol.

Brightness.
I seem to be having issues with brightness randomly changing, but I only notice this occasionally from the computer feed, though this runs through the same surround amp as everything else, so not sure what the issue is or where the cause lies.

Cone thing, do you use it?
I'd not set up the ir blaster ?? cone thing, when I first had the TV, but during the set up it asks you if you would like to pair the device if you require to use it with a Sky remote I think it said?? I couldn't find it & so had to choose to ignore this option

Gesture & voice control came on, not sure if because of previous settings or by default, so you may wish to check if you don't require them. we had issue with it suddenly appearing on screen when we were watching TV, I guess it was picking up on the voice on screen.
Ease of use 10.0
Image quality 8.0
Sound quality 8.0
Range of features 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 07 Feb 2015

Brian,

Score 7.0/10
Lots of more features
No longer links to phone.
Skype incoming calls people cannot hear you.
Ease of use 7.0
Image quality 8.0
Sound quality 8.0
Range of features 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 02 Jan 2015

Also known as: Samsung SEK-2000 Smart Evolution TV, SEK-2000 2014 Evolution Kit

Manufacturer's Description

Keep your Samsung TV at the cutting edge of televisual technology and upgrade to the latest hardware and software without replacing your equipment with the Samsung SEK-2000 2014 Evolution Kit.

Television technology evolved
Built to be the pinnacle of home electronics in your living room, Samsung televisions are designed to be at the very forefront of innovation and entertainment. With technology evolving and improving exponentially these days, it can be tough to stay ahead of the curve – which is where the Evo Kit comes in.

Allowing you to quickly and easily upgrade your current Samsung television, the SEK-2000 2014 Evolution Kit simply plugs into the back of your current model and allows you to take advantage of the very latest version of smart TV software.

In addition, the SEK-2000 features a powerful Quad core processor which improves your television’s performance and makes for an even more enjoyable viewing experience.

Easily enhance your entertainment
Compatible with the 2012 LED ES7000 series and above, the 2012 PDP E7000 & E8000 series, as well as the 2013 PDP F8000 and LED F7000 series and above, the 2014 Evolution kit is easy to install and helps to enhance your home entertainment with the minimum of fuss.

Upgrading your software, the SEK-2000 brings you the very latest versions of Smart Hub and Multi-Link Screen software, as well as upgraded voice and motion control, which includes motion control that can be used with just one finger.

Multi-Link Screen
Samsung Multi-Link Screen splits the viewing area of your TV into two separate screens. While you watch TV on the left side, the web browser can take over the right half of the screen to search for results based on what’s playing on the left side of the screen or for you to browse the web freely. Watch TV while catching up on your favourite social network or researching your next holiday with this amazing feature.

Ensure you stay at the forefront of home entertainment and keep the technology in your living room at the cutting edge without the need to replace a thing, thanks to the Samsung SEK-2000 2014 Evolution Kit.

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 421 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or