Samsung CLP-315W reviews: Colour Laser printer

This printer is a good all rounder.

No prices available

Samsung CLP-315W: A4 Laser printer with and Ethernet. See full product description
  3. Expert reviews
  5. Related products

Some customer reviews of Samsung CLP-315W

lesleyanne, derry, nireland Business user

Score 10.0/10
Excellent quality
fast printing
Expensive toners
May jam in middle of print, and will have t be restarted
Speed 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 25 Jun 2010

John, Stockport Occasional home user

Score 7.0/10
Really pleased with my printer it’s quiet, stylish and I can print from anywhere in the house with its wi-fi access.
I had issues when installing the software. The printer would work briefly before locking me out. On the installation process it informed me to disable my firewall while the software was loaded, which I did. This is what gave me the clue to the problem, my Kaspersky security. Everything that could be tweaked was tweaked to allow communication with the printer, but still no joy. Eventually gave up, switched off my Kaspersky firewall and switched on the windows firewall. Everything now works great.
Print quality 8.0
Compatibility 5.0
Speed 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 16 Jul 2010

Paul, Bradford Occasional home user

Score 10.0/10
The setup for this product was simple. Thats the wired printing and the wireless. I am not sure how easy it would be for a novice as far as wireless goes, as you may need to change setting in your router, but to be honest if you have enough knowledge to change the default settings on routers then you will know what to do. For the novice, just follow the advice on setup and it should be easy.

Once the printer has done its first warmup, and system checks when you turn it on, it is pretty fast at printing. The quality of text is to be expected with a laser, stunning. The photo quality is better than I expected. It is not as good at photos as a dedicated ink jet, but at this price it will never be.

I changed my original Samsung laser printer because it is not supported with my operating system, however I had it for many years and was very happy with that too. Both Samsung printers are very well built and feel like they could handle a knock or two for those time where you may move it about.

We have a colour laser printer at work and that cost nearly 10 times more than this one, and the prints are just not as good as the CLP 315w.

If you are not in need of the wireless function, get he cheeper version. I however find it very useful having it at the other side of the room with no cables trailing between them for me to trip over.

As you can guess, I am very impressed with the printer. I have not yet had to get a replacement cartridge for it, but looked in to that before I placed my order, so can not say how long it will last.

Over all, I am happy with this printer, and would recommend it to anyone who needs laser quality text with the odd photo.
If I had to say one thing bad about this product, it would be that the paper tray sticks out a little too far for my liking. Thats more because I would have liked it to be part of the main body than it actually sticking out very far. Its only about 10cm anyway.

It is also big, so if you are expecting a small printer, try another one. You will need space around it too for ventilation. However it is not a complaint as I knew the size before I purchased the item.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 12 Jul 2010

Ken, York Frequent home user

Easy to install onto my wireless network. Excellent print speed and quality.
Loading paper is a little tricky at first.
Compatibility 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 11 Jun 2010

Mike, Hounslow Business user

It works well win XP SP3 and Win 7 via a cable.Easy to setup - Excellent print quality.
If set up for DHCP on a network with multiple PC;s going on and off at different times it allocates a different IP address each time to the printer. Thus printer will not work via wireless.
It is mandatory to reserve an IP address on the router and set up the wireless to this address. Then allow DHCP and all is well. With the above caveat all works- I have 2 of these printers on the same network with 9 pc's.

Confirmed purchase: 10 Jun 2010

Chas, Brentwood Occasional home user

Excellent printing makes my ink jet redundant quality is very good
A bit of a fiddle to unpack and set-up - better instructions would be appreciated by novices - by the time you had got to printing out the manual it was too late to be of help! Trouble with driver on windows 7 but the Samsung print Dr. sorted it out eventually.
Compatibility 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 07 Jun 2010

Stuart, Manchester Frequent home user

Really good print results, vibrant colours with clear edges, ideal for the home or small business. Easy to set up, I've set it up on a wireless network within half hour.
Started to squeak after a couple of thousand pages but not really that bad. Toners didn't last as long as stated but that might be due to playing around with test prints. If you are buying toners then I'd recommend the multi pack as it works out cheaper.

Confirmed purchase: 07 Jul 2010

Also known as: CLP-315W

Printers Buying Guide

Manufacturer's Description

connectivity options
High-speed USB 2.0 won’t slow you down. The network-ready CLP-315W lets everyone in the office share the colour. And its wireless connectivity means no unsightly cords to deal with.

colour for everyone
Quality colour in an affordable package. And with print speeds up to 17 ppm black and 4 ppm colour, it won’t slow you down.

stylish design
This printer is not only super compact, it also has sleek, contoured lines for a stylish design.

quiet printing
Our exclusive NO NOIS™ print engine is the same print engine found in our bestselling colour printers. It gives you quiet operation and simple-to-replace toner cartridges.

compact size
The CLP-315W is a compact 15.3″×12.3″ so it can fit on your home office desk or bookshelf.

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 419 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or