Ricoh Caplio GX200 VF Kit reviews and prices: Compact camera

This digital camera is a good all rounder.

No prices available

Ricoh Caplio GX200 VF Kit: digital Compact camera. See full product description
  3. Expert reviews
  5. Related products

Some customer reviews of Ricoh Caplio GX200 VF Kit

Pamela, L'Isle sur la Sorgue, France. Experienced amateur

Exactly what I was looking for with it's wide angle lens, levelling feature, compact size and options to personalise my photographs. Nothing negative about the camera....just my brain capacity whilst wading through the instructions! All quite clear but remembering all is a challenge!
Reviewer left no comment
Ease of use 9.0
Features 9.0
Build Quality 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 31 Jan 2011

Confirmed purchaser

Manual functions are good. It looks special. LCD screen is cristal clear.
Play mode, you need to open the lens cap. It goes to recording mode first then play mode.
Ease of use 7.0
Image quality 8.0
Features 9.0
Build Quality 8.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 24 May 2009

David, Leeds Keen amateur

Score 10.0/10
Very nice to handle. RAW shooting mode. Wide angle lens. ADJ control well thought out. LCD screen is 1st class and OK even in bright sunlight. Had my doubts about VF1, but image quality fine and tilt feature makes it very useful for awkward angles, so I leave it attached permanently. Image quality is very good (the reported noise at high ISOs might worry geeks, but is no big deal for me). Overall an excellent "take anywhere" camera and great value.
Auto lens cap should be standard - a worthwhile accessory. Makes my DLSR redundant for every day use.
Ease of use 10.0
Features 10.0
Build Quality 10.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 16 Dec 2010

Brian, Saltash Experienced amateur

This is an amazing camera! As I use it, I am always staggered at its functionality in such a small and light black box; functions such as easy manual focus with presets on infinity (phew) and common distances such 5, 3 1m then a scale change showing closer distances down to 1cm! Another preset scale can turned on and off for zooming; when in fully manual mode (easy to use) just press a function button and the camera sets AE and AF ready for me to make final adjustments. This camera has a relatively large 1/1.7" CCD sensor compared to most compacts of this size.

To give you an idea of what I was looking for when I chose this camera, I studied the following for several weeks: Sigma DP1 & 2, Canon G10, Leica D-Lux 4 & Lumix LX3, Ricoh CX1, Fuji F200EXR plus other high end compacts. My desire was a large sensor, hence the amazing DP1 at the top of my list, my interest is landscape photography so I wanted a wide lens. My Ricoh GX200 VF1 came with a stunning LCD viewfinder, a level indicator customisable screen display and an impressive (judging by the responses of friends) 2.7" LCD display.

I haven't used my Nikon DSLR since I made this purchase simply because this camera is with me all the time and the results are to a consistent, reliable high standard. Take a look at my Flickr site to check my cameras results: search Flickr.com using "brian carter GX200" as search criteria.

"Simply" always came out on top for price so they made the sale for me.
Really, such a well designed and cleverly detailed specification would be supreme if it had a larger sensor. My Fuji S100fs has a 2/3" (or 1/1.5") sensor and the quality is amazing. The DP1 and 2 above have an APS-C Fovion sensor and the Lumix/Leica has a 1/1.6" sensor.
Ease of use 10.0

Product Features

Camera Type Compact
Digital Cameras Buyers' Guide

Manufacturer's Description

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 419 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or