RedEye Dock - iPhone Universal Remote Control System reviews

• Photo of RedEye Dock - iPhone Universal Remote Control System Mobile Phone Accessory

This mobile phone accessory is a good all rounder.

No prices available

See full product description

Some customer reviews of RedEye Dock - iPhone Universal Remote Control System

Confirmed purchaser

Easy setup (especially with itouch - a few probs with ipad, but I hear there is new updates coming to sort this out)
My home AV system is located in another room so this is very good value for money for what it does. One click of a pre-programmed button on my iphone and my blue ray player, tv and all associated devices come on at the same time and are ready to go! Fabulous. Would work for itunes movie library as well with apple tv.
Very easy to use and the remote can now be set up on an internet browser from your macbook or pc. (this will mean android devices will also be compatible to some degree. I think Thinkflood plan to incorporate android fully in the future.
It may seem expensive for a small little wifi infrared device but remember it is also a universal remote and for me has huge potential with the set-up I have in my house.
As mentioned above, a few bugs with the ipad and finding home network.
A bit slow to activate sometimes.
The device has to be pointing fairly square on to devices which I don't think is good enough. I have devices which work from all sorts of crazy angles!
All in all I think the good points easily out weigh the bad and there are promises for constant upgrading and improvements which will be free I gather from the app store.

Confirmed purchase: 28 Nov 2010

Bruce, Guernsey

Will revolutionise how we control IR products and how we set out our home electronics.
Does need patience to start until you understand how system works. Can be unstable if you are not careful.
Ease of use 7.0
Compatibility 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 16 Dec 2011

Keith, manchester Business or web user

Score 8.0/10
Works for any iPhone/iPad on our wifi with the free app so friends can use.
Overall a fantastic idea works well once set up.
setup is a real task - system crashes and it's a bit tricky sorting out all remote codes etc. Worth the hassle but be prepared!
Ease of use 8.0
Features 10.0
Design 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 09 Feb 2011

Manufacturer's Description

RedEye connects to your home Wi-Fi network, allowing anyone in your house with a PC, iOS device, or Android phone to control your home theater. RedEye automatically synchronizes information across all these devices, so you can pick up right where the last person left off. Now in an updated design, RedEye includes an infrared out port so you can easily stow it in a cabinet and still control your TV.

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 420 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or