Advanced 42-inch KURO with Digital DVB-T Tuner
Nothing is as powerful and emotional as film.
It’s the very reason why we’ve put more than ten years of design, research and development into building KURO: a flat screen television that will let you see and hear film like never before.
Our goal was straightforward: to build a screen that delivered the absolute best picture quality in the world. A screen that was true to how filmmakers intended their work to be seen. The result is KURO.
‘KURO’ means black in Japanese; this is relevant because our KURO screens have significantly deeper black levels than any other flat-screen TV on the market; some 80% deeper.
The deepest black levels produce the purest colours, which reveal the sharpest details. This is KURO.
The KURO screen gives you the ability to see literally every shade between black and white. Now, the film you see – and feel – on-screen is unparalleled in range and detail, the ultimate appearance of vivid and flawless colour.
The impact of what you see on KURO is unlike anything you have possibly seen before.
Features that make this KURO different from the other models in the range are:
- Intelligent Brightness Control which intelligently controls on-screen brightness so that you get the best picture, regardless of the changing lighting conditions in your room
- Integrated digital DVB-T tuner, with a CI Slot, which means that you don’t require an additional decoder box: everything is integrated in one body. This is ideal if you don’t want a ‘hardware’ invasion in your living room
- USB host: turn your screen into a home media gallery. Simply connect your USB memory stick and enjoy your digital photo’s onscreen. It’s a good way to share your pictures in the best possible format
- Subwoofer output: this KURO has high-grade audio parts: but if you want to boost lower frequencies, it has direct sub out, with no need for an additional amplifier.
- ISF calibration ready: The ISF C3 (or Custom Calibration Configuration) feature allows your screen to be optimised for your viewing environment. As an optional service, a trained professional can precisely calibrate your plasma panel with customised levels of contrast, tint, colour level and other parameters.
- Multi-screen options: this KURO allows for picture in picture and split screen views; particularly useful if you want to keep an eye on a sports game whilst watching a DVD, for example.
This KURO is also available in a 50-inch version.