The waterproof crossover. Major Features
Enhanced waterproof and shockproof performance
PENTAX Optio W90 is waterproof to 6 meters for up to two hours and withstands a fall from 1.2 meters*. Optio W90 also is dustproof and coldproof to -10C, making it the perfect choice for active photographers who shoot pictures in demanding conditions. Special underwater photography and underwater movie modes automatically optimizes all camera settings to provide brilliant records with natural colors.
5x wide-angle optical lens
The Optio W90 features a 5x wide-angle optical zoom covering focal lengths from 28mm wide angle to 140mm telephoto (in 35mm format). From spectacular landscape to tightly framed snapshots taken from a distance, just catch every detail.
Extra-wide 2.7’’ LCD screen
Optio W90’s 16:9 2.7’’ monitor is treated with a special AR (Anti-Reflection) coating to cut the glare of external light and minimize annoying reflections.
High image quality
Combining approximately 12.1 effective megapixels with the PENTAX-developed imaging engine and the high-performance PENTAX zoom lens, the Optio W90 delivers brilliant, high-quality images with well-defined details.
HD 720p movie recording
The Optio W90 captures flawless movie clips at 16:9 high-definition TV proportions 720p***. The Optio W90 also provides an HDMI-micro output, allowing you to enjoy your own movies on a HD TV monitor.
Digital Microscope mode
Combining a macro shooting capability from 1cm away with the Digital Zoom function and with its 3 LED Macro Light, the Optio W90s Digital Microscope mode delivers magnified sharp pictures of miniscule subjects.**
Face Detection function
This function instantly and accurately detects up to 32 faces
even the faces of dogs and cats then catches them in sharp focus and optimum exposure. The Optio W90 even can automatically release the shutter when the subjects face turns straight toward the camera.
Triple anti-shake protection to prevent different types of camera shake
1) Pixel Track SR
When recording still images, the Optio W90s Pixel Track SR (Shake Reduction) effectively compensates for camera shake by processing affected images.
2) High-Sensitivity anti-shake mode***
In low-lighting conditions, the Optio W90 automatically raises the sensitivity to as high as ISO 6400, enabling the use a higher shutter speed, which minimizes the effects of camera or subject shake.
3) Movie SR****
During movie recording, the Optio W90 prevents blurry images by effectively minimizing camera shake through the use of exclusive software.
Subscreen Input function for constant display of a favorite image on the screen
The Optio W90 offers the innovative Subscreen Input function, which allows you to display an image in the upper left corner of the LCD screen. This function comes in handy when you want to use a recorded image as a reference to shoot subjects from the same angle and at the same image size, or when you want to constantly keep a favorite image on the screen.
1) Carabiner strap included for hooking the camera to a backpack or other outdoor gear
2) Remote Control Waterproof O-RC1 (available as an optional accessory) for wireless remote shooting*****
3) New Collage function to compose a single picture from multiple images
4) New Ink Rubbing filter to create a monochromatic, high-contrast image from a recorded image
5) Auto Picture mode to automatically select one of the eight shooting modes for the optimum result
6) 12 digital filters to add distinctive visual effects to recorded images
7) Digital Wide function to compose an extra-wide-angle image (equivalent to an image taken with an approx. 21mm lens in 35mm format) from two images
8) MediaImpression 2.0 for PENTAX image viewing, editing and filing software included (compatible with latest operation systems, such as Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
9) Compatibility with Eye-Fi wireless LAN SD memory cards