Panasonic SDR-T70 reviews: SD camcorder

This camcorder is a good all rounder.

No prices available

Panasonic SDR-T70: 78x optical zoom camcorder using . See full product description
  4. Related products

Some customer reviews of Panasonic SDR-T70

Veronica, Vale of Glamorgan Keen amateur

Score 10.0/10
I was very happy with this item and bought it as a christmas present.
Reviewer left no comment
Ease of use 9.0
Image quality 10.0
Battery life 10.0
Weight 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 29 Oct 2011

Paul, Wellington Somerset Experienced amateur

Score 8.0/10
With a little practice it easy to use. If we want a better model we will have to pay more won't we. Easy to carry in a belt bag that is just the right size for the job. I have tried shooting in XP mode for the extra picture quality it is very acceptable.
Although this model has wind noise reduction I find the sound very muffeled when it is used. I like videoing steam railways and the sound is very important. The worst thing I would say wrong with this model is wind noise.
I use a home made 'Dougel' to reduce it but I do think with some modification around the Mic. this is a cracking little camara for the money. I also have Panasonic M5 full size S'vhs but of course is now rather outdated.
Ease of use 8.0
Image quality 8.0
Battery life 6.0
Weight 10.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 13 Mar 2011

Steve, Andover Just point and shoot

Overall a good first camcorder. I have no experience in cameras/camcorders so my choice was made solely on online reveiew such as this. Im glad to say I made a good choice, and am just as happy about the camera as those who wrote the reviews the swung the deal for me. Very good zoom, colours, although so far I have only used in the daylight with my grandchildren, are good, vibrant and lifelike. Overall very good value for money, and a camera that I would recommend.
The only points I can think of is one bad point, and one nigglely point. The bad point, the battery. It is terrbible! I followed the charging directions faithfully, and the manuual was right, I only got between half an hour and forty mins use out of it. Well worth investing in the more powerfull Panasonic VW-VBK180E-K Battery, even though at half a ton pushes the cost up considerably, worth it when you should get some 2 hourds plus out of it.
The niggley point is that although my hands are not particulary big (normally a large fit for gloves is snug) the camera sat quite comfortably and quite naturally in the hand but: I found I had to keep remembering not to cover the microphone over with my finger all the time. Overall, neither of these points would prevent me from recommending the camera.
Ease of use 8.0

Also known as: SDR-T70

Camcorders Buying Guide

Manufacturer's Description

Twin Memory Camcorder with 33mm Wide-Angle, 78x Ultra Zoom

The SDR-T70 records images onto their built-in memory or an SDXC, SDHC, or SD Memory Card (optional). The built-in 4-GB memory holds approximately 3 hours and 20 minutes of movie images (in LP mode). The use of a 64-GB SDXC Memory Card adds data storage for about 60 hours and 30 minutes of movies (in LP mode). This Twin Memory Camcorder is also equipped with a relay recording function that automatically changes the recording media to the SDXC/SDHC/SD Memory Card when the built-in memory becomes full, to ensure uninterrupted recording.

This compact camcorders feature a powerful 70x optical zoom lens with an Enhanced Optical 78x Zoom function that uses the effective area of the CCD to further extend their zooming power at the wide-angle setting. This makes it possible to capture beautiful images of sweeping landscapes and pull in distant subjects for truly dynamic close-ups.

Because hand-shake becomes increasingly noticeable with more powerful zooming, an optical image stabilizing function is essential for suppressing hand-shake and providing clear zoom shots without degradation. This is where Advanced O.I.S. comes in. It detects and corrects hand-shake at a rate of 4,000 times per second, to provide stable images while zooming. Plus, the addition of an Active mode produces clear, blur-resistant images even when shooting while walking.

The 33mm* wide-angle setting is especially convenient when shooting video indoors or in tight spaces. It makes it possible to shoot at a close distance from the subject while fitting both the subject and the surrounding area into the frame. This has the added benefit of allowing the voice of the subject to be clearly recorded, which is an important element in video recordings. The wide-angle setting captures beautiful images of wide landscapes and allows large groups of people to fit into the frame * 35mm-lens equivalent.

The iA function includes an AF/AE Tracking feature that tracks a moving subject to make sure that it continues to be recorded in optimal image quality. An Intelligent Contrast Control, which automatically adjusts brightness to maintain the best possible contrast, has also been added to the five advanced functions from previous models, including Face Detection, Advanced O.I.S., and Intelligent Scene Selector, and each is activated as required by simply pressing the iA button to capture beautiful images under virtually all shooting situations.

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 419 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or