Packard Bell iXtreme X6622UK Refurbished PC Reviews: Windows 7 Home Premium Computer

Photo of Packard Bell IXtreme X6622UK Refurbished  Desktop Computer

This desktop computer is a good all rounder.

No prices available

Packard Bell iXtreme X6622UK Refurbished with Intel Intel Core Q8300 2.5 GHz Quad Core Processor, 4GB of Memory and 1024GB Storage on Windows 7 Home Premium. DVD writer See full product description

Some customer reviews of Packard Bell iXtreme X6622UK Refurbished

Geoff, Belper, Derbys General user

Although the iXtreme X6622UK claims to be a refurbished machine, mine certainly looks absolutely brand new with not a mark on it. Setting it up was child's play and I was able to transfer all my data and most of my software from my old Win XP PC very quickly; Well fairly quickly - it did take me a day or two to reorganise ourselves but it was relatively pain free. The wireless connection was immediately detected by my Netgear wireless router. I have mixed feelings about Win7 but now I've got used to it I like it well enough though I would like more options to control its appearance. I've been involved in computers since before they had either conventional keyboards or vdu and my PC experiences started with DOS and, eventually Win 3.1 so I suppose I'm a bit of an old curmudgeon.

Very happy with the performance of the hardware. My Phoenix model aircraft flight simulator runs really well; though I suppose die-hard gamers might find the graphics wanting they are more than adequate for my needs. The installed software is OK but I had to get rid of anything Norton because my ISP suppliers a copy of McAfee. anti-virus/firewall etc which didn't like it. I use an ancient MS Office 97 Pro which I've been able to install OK and it's much nicer than the dreadful latest version which is included as a trial.

I know it's not a big thing but I like the case. There's a very convenient padded and recessed tray on the top which is useful for accessories plugged into the USB ports and the whole package has an elegant look.
No real complaints though I would have liked a 3.5" floppy drive because I have some old data/software on that medium. An RS232 serial port would have been useful too for a similar reason. I overcame the 3.5" floppy problem by buying a USB external drive (10 pounds on eBay) which worked perfectly and allowed me to install my old software.

Software bundle 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 31 Jan 2011

Confirmed purchaser Keen gamer

Score 1.0/10
Good Graphics card for average gaming for brand new.games. But high graphics for slightly old games. Good specs for the pc enthusiast.
Well I gave this an overall bad rating because the computer itself turns itself off a couple of times at the start and asks you to either fix the problem which it does not or continue normally which you have no choice but to obey the terms. I thought I fixed this problem by updating the graphics card which did better it slightly but it still does it ocasionally. I would take it back and get a refund but alas you only get 21 days to do so. So I have no choice but to live with this highly annoying aspect. Don't take this in literally it still is a great value for money PC but has that annoying problem at the start THATS ALL.
How easy to set-up 10.0
How easy to connect to internet 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 28 Feb 2011

Steve, Reading General user

Score 10.0/10
Fast, good price
Kept freezing, had to be returned under warranty, twice.
Software bundle 5.0
How easy to connect to internet 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 16 Mar 2011

Confirmed purchaser General user

Score 8.0/10
Looks good and works well. Fast enough to run recent games at reasonable resolutions.
No instructions or details regarding setting up. This was no more than a minor niggle for me, but someone with less experience might struggle. Packaging was a joke, just a few broken bits of polystyrene inside box.
Software bundle 6.0

Confirmed purchase: 09 Feb 2011

Thomas, St.Leonards on sea,East sussex General user

Score 8.0/10
Hard disk capacity and memmory is the good point.
Reviewer left no comment

How easy to set-up 7.0
How easy to connect to internet 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 08 Dec 2010

Confirmed purchaser Keen gamer

excellent machine and excellent value for money. great for anyone who wants to have a more advanced machine.
didnt come with a power cable or anything other than the tower.
How easy to connect to internet 8.0

Connections Wireless

Also known as: PACKARD BELL iXtreme X6622UK Refurbished

Manufacturer's Description

Radiant, functional design

Soft curves and a glossy finish give the new ixtreme desktops a luxurious appeal. A glowing white light radiates from the chassis, enhancing depth and creating an eye-catching effect. This lighting effect can be easily activated or deactivated with a button click. The illuminated brand logo and edges complete the classy look and add elegance to any environment.

Brilliant multimedia

Be dazzled by Full HD multimedia thanks to the smart combination of a turbo-charged processor, the latest graphics cards, and user-friendly utilities. Whether you want soothing music or riveting action, the new ixtreme brings you brilliant entertainment on demand. Create a personal theater in your own home by connecting the ixtreme to a cinematic big-screen display via the HDMI® port, and enhance and edit photos using Adobe® Photoshop® Elements. Organize and preserve your memories for generations to come on a DVD, and share your files up to 10 times faster than before by selecting a model featuring USB 3.0 ports.

Smart and convenient features

Download and keep everything you want in the ixtreme’s vast storage space — up to three hard disk drives each up to 2 TB, plus an optional easy-swap HDD. A recessed deck on top provides a convenient area for placing devices and other items. A handy cable management system neatly hides cables, and commonly used media ports are in front for intuitive access. What’s more, you’ll appreciate two special buttons for extra convenience: the PhotoFrame button to quickly display images from an HDD or memory card, and the My BackUp button for fast, one-press backups of your important files.

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 419 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or