- Extra slim 10x wide optical zoom (28-280mm*) in a compact metal body to capture great scenes through to exciting close-ups
- Avoids blur thanks to Dual Image Stabilisation (combines mechanical and digital image stabilisation)
- The easy way to perfect images – Intelligent Auto Mode detects the five most commonly used scenes and adjusts settings, focus and exposure automatically
- 12 Megapixels to make poster-size prints if you want to
- 6.9cm/2.7" HyperCrystal III LCD for best ever preview even in brilliant sunlight and at extreme angles (230,000 dots)
- Face Detection for perfectly focused and exposed faces. In combination with Shadow Adjustment Technology other main parts of the picture are also correctly exposed.
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
- Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30fps)
- xD-Picture Card and microSD Card compatible
The popular Olympus µ series has once again raised the bar for combining sumptuous design with powerful opto-digital technology. Featuring optical zooms ranging from 5x in the µ-5000, 7x in the µ-7000, to a phenomenal 10x in the µ-9000, this latest generation of the legendary Olympus µ series continues the story of superior optics and ultra-slim bodied chic. Epitomising the Olympus “miniaturised optics, maximised brilliance” philosophy, these state-of-the-art 12 Megapixel cameras each include Dual Image Stabilisation, Shadow Adjustment Technology and Face Detection Technology in their impressive treasure trove of high-tech capabilities.
Handling and navigation is easy due to illuminated buttons for low-light conditions. In addition, an all-new Beauty Mode smoothes out imperfections from the final image for a flawless-looking complexion, and the innovative Intelligent Auto Mode automatically identifies five commonly-encountered types of scenes and adjusts settings accordingly. An In-Camera Panorama mode is also included for particularly expansive or creative shots. The three new members of the classic µ series each come with 39 languages on board and are xD-Picture Card and microSD compatible.
With its striking 10x wide optical zoom (28-280mm*), the extra-slim 12 Megapixel µ-9000 wields its high-performance lens to get right up close to distant subjects – or to pan out for magnificent wide-angle shots. The 6.9cm/2.7” HyperCrystal III LCD displays stunningly clear images even in bright sunlight, and its wide viewing angles make framing convenient from almost any perspective. Like each of the latest cameras in the “classic” µ series, this model also includes Dual Image Stabilisation which reduces blur by using a mechanical image stabiliser and high ISO values. The sleek, metal-bodied µ-9000 is available in stylish Midnight Black and Royal Blue variations.
*Equivalent to a 35mm camera