- Exceptional 7x optical zoom (37-260mm*) in a compact metal body to capture great scenes through to exciting close-ups
- Avoids blur thanks to Dual Image Stabilisation (combines mechanical and digital image stabilisation)
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI™) technology incorporated for viewing images in high definition quality on HDMI compatible HD TVs.
- 7.6cm/3.0" HyperCrystal II LCD for excellent preview even in brilliant sunlight and at extreme angles (230,000 dots)
- 12 Megapixels to make poster-size prints if you want to
- The easy way to perfect images – Intelligent Auto Mode detects the five most commonly used scenes and adjusts settings, focus and exposure automatically
- Advanced Face Detection of up to 16 persons for perfectly focused and exposed faces. In combination with Shadow Adjustment Technology other main parts of the picture are also correctly exposed
- Don’t miss the moment with high-speed 11fps sequence shooting**
- TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
- Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30fps)
- xD-Picture Card and microSD Card compatible
The popular Olympus µ series has once again raised the bar for combining sumptuous design with powerful opto-digital technology. Featuring optical zooms ranging from 5x in the µ-5000, 7x in the µ-7000, to a phenomenal 10x in the µ-9000, this latest generation of the legendary Olympus µ series continues the story of superior optics and ultra-slim bodied chic. Epitomising the Olympus “miniaturised optics, maximised brilliance” philosophy, these state-of-the-art 12 Megapixel cameras each include Dual Image Stabilisation, Shadow Adjustment Technology and Face Detection Technology in their impressive treasure trove of high-tech capabilities.
Handling and navigation is easy due to illuminated buttons for low-light conditions. In addition, an all-new Beauty Mode smoothes out imperfections from the final image for a flawless-looking complexion, and the innovative Intelligent Auto Mode automatically identifies five commonly-encountered types of scenes and adjusts settings accordingly. An In-Camera Panorama mode is also included for particularly expansive or creative shots. The three new members of the classic µ series each come with 39 languages on board and are xD-Picture Card and microSD compatible.
The 12 Megapixel µ-7000 incorporates a versatile 7x optical zoom (37-260mm*) and a big 7.6cm/3.0” HyperCrystal II LCD to facilitate ultra-convenient framing and viewing. This elegant model also features a clever Smile Shot function which ensures that those being photographed are at their smiling best – because the camera doesn’t trip the shutter until the pearly whites have been flashed. The µ-7000 comes in three attractive colours: Starry Silver, Midnight Black and Ocean Blue.
Equivalent to a 35mm camera
*In 3 Megapixel mode