- Precision 5x optical zoom (36-180mm*) in a compact metal body to capture great scenes through to exciting close-ups
- Avoids blur thanks to Dual Image Stabilisation (combines mechanical and digital image stabilisation)
- The easy way to perfect images – Intelligent Auto Mode detects the five most commonly used scenes and adjusts settings, focus and exposure automatically
- Advanced Face Detection of up to 16 persons for perfectly focused and exposed faces
- 10 Megapixels to make poster-size prints if you want to
- See and share images more easily on the 6.9cm/2.7" LCD (230,000 dots)
- 14 shooting modes (e.g. Night Scene with Portrait and Fireworks) ensure the camera has the right settings for different situations
- “One button, one function” design principle and in-camera help guide and for easy operation
- Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30fps)
- xD-Picture Card and microSD Card compatible
The Olympus FE series is back and better than ever, with three new cameras joining the updated line-up. They bring you the best of both worlds, uniting user-friendliness and surprising power, making them ideal for hobby photographers on a budget who don’t want to compromise on image quality. The latest additions to the FE series offer up to 5x optical zoom and up to 12 Megapixels. The top model even includes Dual Image Stabilisation. Moreover, all new models incorporate helpful attributes such as Advanced Face Detection Technology and the innovative Intelligent Auto Mode which automatically recognises the five most commonly-used scenes and adjusts settings accordingly. In addition to internal memory, photos can be stored to xD-Picture Card, or – thanks to an included attachment – to a microSD Card.
Each of the new FE models follows a ‘one button, one function’ design principle to ensure easy operation straight out of the box. The FE-5000 and FE-45 will become available in late January, and the FE-3010 in early March 2009.
With its 5x optical zoom and treasure trove of advanced features, the metal-bodied FE-5000 is the leader of the FE-series pack. Dual Image Stabilisation ensures pictures will always come out crisp and blur-free. And with additional integrated features such as Smile Shot, which detects smiles on subjects’ faces before shooting, and Perfect Fix, which allows the photographer to instantly correct minor mistakes after taking a shot, the 10 Megapixel FE-5000 is a convenient tool to have on-hand anytime. Framing compositions and reviewing images and video is also a breeze on the 6.9cm/2.7” LCD. Advanced Face Detection Technology, which can detect up to 16 faces, and Intelligent Auto Mode round out the list of photo-enhancing inclusions. Available in black and gold, the FE-5000 is a great hybrid of high-tech and user-friendliness.
*Equivalent to a 35mm camera