- 12 Megapixels to make poster-size prints if you want to
- Miniature 3x optical zoom (36-108mm*) in a slim metal body to capture great scenes through to stunning portraits
- The easy way to perfect images – Intelligent Auto Mode detects the five most commonly used scenes and adjusts settings, focus and exposure automatically
- Advanced Face Detection of up to 16 persons for perfectly focused and exposed faces
- Digital Image Stabilisation for less blur
- See and share images more easily on the 6.9cm/2.7" LCD (230,000 dots)
- 19 shooting modes (e.g. Underwater Wide and Fireworks) ensure the camera has the right settings for different situations
- “One button, one function” design principle and in-camera help guide and for easy operation
- Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30fps)
- xD-Picture Card and microSD Card compatible
The Olympus FE series is back and better than ever, with three new cameras joining the updated line-up. They bring you the best of both worlds, uniting user-friendliness and surprising power, making them ideal for hobby photographers on a budget who don’t want to compromise on image quality. The latest additions to the FE series offer up to 5x optical zoom and up to 12 Megapixels. The top model even includes Dual Image Stabilisation. Moreover, all new models incorporate helpful attributes such as Advanced Face Detection Technology and the innovative Intelligent Auto Mode which automatically recognises the five most commonly-used scenes and adjusts settings accordingly. In addition to internal memory, photos can be stored to xD-Picture Card, or – thanks to an included attachment – to a microSD Card.
Each of the new FE models follows a ‘one button, one function’ design principle to ensure easy operation straight out of the box. The FE-5000 and FE-45 will become available in late January, and the FE-3010 in early March 2009.
Leading the FE series in terms of resolution, the FE-3010 boasts a whopping 12 Megapixels to ensure perfect, high-definition photos. Besides guaranteeing great durability and portability, this 3x zoom camera’s slim metal body is available in gold, magenta or black to really make a statement. Its small dimensions also make it ideal for tucking in a pocket or purse for shots on the go. Furthermore, the FE-3010 offers a strong selection of features to help users get great shots easily, ranging from Intelligent Auto Mode and Advanced Face Detection Technology to Digital Image Stabilisation for preventing blur. And when it comes time to review photos and movies, the FE-3010 makes it easy with a 6.9cm/2.7” LCD.
*Equivalent to a 35mm camera