Olympus E-620 (Body Only) reviews and prices: SLR camera

This digital camera is a good all rounder.

£221 at 1 retailer out of 419 retailers checked

Olympus E-620 (Body Only): 12.3 MP (Megapixels), Micro Drive storage, Optical Image Stabiliser image stabiliser digital SLR camera. See full product description
  3. Expert reviews
  5. Related products

Some customer reviews of Olympus E-620 (Body Only)

Confirmed purchaser Keen amateur

Score 8.0/10
I was looking for a next step up from my semi-SLR and something that was not too heavy on my wrists. This olympus fit my specs and more. It's supposedly olympus's lightest weight slr. My previous camera was an olympus so finding my way around the buttons and functions was pretty intuitive. Nothing so far has annoyed me yet but I've only had it a few days.
Not really a bad point as such, but it doesn't take the same type of lithium battery as my old camera or my brother's E30 so it's going to be annoying to have to buy new spares. The charger is also huge relative to the battery which will make it annoying to carry round.
Image quality 8.0
Features 8.0
Build Quality 9.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 29 Sep 2009

Confirmed purchaser

Score 10.0/10
My Olympus e-620 does everything I need it to, including functions I do not use now, but which I will be drawn to, thereby aiding and abetting me in the improvement of my photography. It is so intuitive in use, with perfectly weighted controls that tell me by touch that I have activated this or that control.

The picture quality is far better than I will ever need. Apart from the prints I need to give to family and friends, I use it as a digital album, usually displaying the photographs on my lap-top, but displaying on my 32 inch led television. And, my oh my, the quality of the image quality on that television is astonishingly good. It's dynamic, sharp, beautifully coloured, with well reproduced shade and perfect contrast.

After 32 years, my e-620 has given me the same desire to be out there using "My Camera" as I had when I bought my first Olympus, an OM-2.

It uses up all my superlatives when I talk about it with fellow photography fans. Awful experience!
6 of 7 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 23 Jun 2009

Score 10.0/10
The camera offers a wide range of 23 different shooting modes (portrait, landscape, close-up, night shooting, etc) and automatic exposure which will be of great use to the beginner, whilst the options of aperture priority, shutter priority and fully-manual exposure will not restrict the more accomplished user. There is also an optional choice of 7 different art filters such as soft-focus to help create special moods without using image processing software. The more serious photographer will also appreciate the auto-focus options available. The 12.3 megapixels make for high-definition, quality photographs. The camera comes packaged with battery and charger, USB and Video cables, shoulder strap and Olympus Image Processing software for easy download and editing on a laptop or PC, and a comprehensive, well-written and easy-to-use instruction manual. Price-wise the whole package and the spec of the camera compare extremely favourably with anything else available. I have enjoyed using Olympus SLR and DSLR cameras for many years and this is as fine a camera as they have produced.
Like any DSLR, the range of facilities and functions available may be rather daunting to the absolute beginner and for that reason I would hesitate to recommend this camera for a complete novice. However for anyone who has used SLRs or DSLRs before, or anyone wising to step up from top-end fixed-lens zoom digitals I could not think of any bad points to warn about.

Confirmed purchase: 19 Jun 2010

Ian , Hull Keen amateur

very light especially with a macro lens, I have f2 200mm zoom very good images, all the functions of the camera getting to grips with it. all good. Very glad I bought it
none as yet
Image quality 9.0
Features 9.0
Build Quality 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 18 Mar 2010

Score 8.0/10
Live view and swing out LCD screen, price/performance/feature.
Noisy at very high ISO settings
Image quality 8.0
Features 9.0
Build Quality 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 15 Mar 2010

Score 10.0/10
Excellent ease of use and brilliant photos
None so far

• Art Filters, Multi Exposure, Wireless flash, Multi-aspect
  • Free angle 2.7"/6.9cm HyperCrystal III LCD

Image Quality

• 12.3 Megapixel Live MOS sensor
  • TruePic III+ processor for ideal color reproduction and low noise
  • Built-in I.S. with max. 4 steps efficiency

Live View

• Comfortable Live View thanks to high speed contrast AF**
  • Real-time effect monitoring
  • Pre-control over white balance and exposure compensation
  • Preview of Shadow Adjustment Technology (SAT)
  • 5x/7x/10x magnified view for precise focusing – especially for macro shots

The worlds smallest and lightest D-SLR* with Built-in Image Stabilisation and a portable creative studio! The new Olympus E-620 combines the technical sophistication required by pros with easy-to-use functions desired by hobbyists. As a result, ambitious photographers everywhere can now take creativity to a whole new level.

*As of 02/2009

• Full contrast AF performance is available with selected Olympus lenses.

Product Retailer Price Total price Buy now