The D40X is a lightweight and portable camera that proves that it can be both incredibly simple and tremendous fun to shoot images with a Nikon digital SLR.
You only need to turn on the camera’s AUTO mode, look through the clear, bright viewfinder and shoot.
The D40X responds fast so you can capture moments as they unfold, and its 10.2 megapixel resolution and world-class Nikkor lens deliver consistently sharp, vibrant images.
The Help menus are available at the press of a button and work like a built-in instruction manual, with advice and directions for every camera setting.
With every feature, button and menu designed to work together for a smooth, seamless performance, the D40X will bring out the best in you and your images.
- The most compact and lightweight Nikon digital SLR ever , with intuitive controls and a comfortable grip.
- 10.2 megapixel DX format image sensor for exceptionally vivid and detailed high-resolution images that are ideal for enlargements.
- High-performance image processing engine: for natural-looking pictures with true-to-life colors and tones.
- Near-instant 0.18s start-up time . Ready in 0.18 seconds after turning on the camera, the D40X empowers you with the speed to act on the spur of the moment.
- 3 fps continuous shooting . With the ability to take up to 100 JPEG images (FINE L-size or smaller) at approx. 3 frames per second, the D40X is able to capture it all, even when the action is fast.
- Bright and clear viewfinder with 0.8x magnification for precise composition.
- Razor-sharp 3-area Autofocus . Whether you are at the beach, at the football or in an amusement park, the D40X will focus quickly and accurately— even after sunset.
- Nikon 3D Color Matrix Metering II for ideal exposures in almost any lighting condition.
- 100 – 1600 ISO broad sensitivity range lets the camera create beautiful images in challenging low-light situations without using a flash.
- Large, bright 2.5-inch LCD monitor makes it a pleasure to review and edit your shots.
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery: take up to 520 shots in single-frame shooting mode (measured according to CIPA standards, with Built-in Flash used for 50% of the shots).
- Handy Assist Images help you to select the right camera settings by illustrating the compositions and scenes that you might want to choose a particular function for.
- 8 Digital Vari-Programs automatically optimize the camera settings to produce great results in any condition.
- Easy-to-use Retouch Menu makes it simple to edit and enhance your pictures in the camera.
- Compatible with world famous, high-quality Nikkor lenses.
- Supports the advanced Creative Lighting System when using Nikon’s external Speedlights. Turns the darkest situations into dazzling photo opportunities!