Nikon D300 with 18-200mm lens reviews and prices: SLR camera
This digital camera is a good all rounder.
Some customer reviews of Nikon D300 with 18-200mm lensMost helpful reviews
- Good points:
- Fantasic camera that offers all the features and quality that you would expect from a top manufacturer.
- Bad points:
- None to date.
|Ease of use||8.0|
|Value for money||10.0|
Confirmed purchase: 13 May 2008
- Good points:
- quality of build and finish and excellent lense
- Bad points:
- none that I have found at the present time
|Ease of use||10.0|
|Value for money||9.0|
Confirmed purchase: 07 May 2008
|Optical zoom ratio||1|
|Screen size (Inches)||3|
|Digital zoom ratio||1|
|Type of image stabiliser||No|
|Media format||Compact Flash|
|Memory card slot||Yes|
|Shortest shutter speed (Fractions of a second)||1/8000|
|Longest shutter speed (Fractions of a second)||1/30|
|Max. Aperture Lens 1||f3.5-5.6|
|Filter Diameter (mm) Lens 1||72|
|Height in mm||11.4|
|Depth in mm||7.4|
|Serial Shot Mode||Yes|
Also known as: Nikon D300 with 18-200mm VRDigital Cameras Buyers' Guide
The D300 defines a new class of compact professional SLR, incorporating groundbreaking technologies and performance of the D3 into a compact DX format body. The 12.3 megapixel CMOS sensor features a self-cleaning dust removal unit and delivers resolution suitable for commercial and stock photography. The EXPEED image processing engine supports a class-leading 6fps at up to 3200 ISO, and delivers superb tonal gradation. Its advanced Scene Recognition System produces superior exposures and is complimented by Nikon’s next-generation 51-point AF system, which offers broad coverage and high sensitivity in low light. Selectable Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing, saving time in post-production, and the high definition 3-inch LCD screen supports two Live View modes plus a HDMI video output. Responsive, rugged and light, the D300 offers new levels of performance for pros on a budget.
- 12.3 megapixel DX format CMOS image sensor . Built-in self-cleaning sensor unit minimizes the effect of dust.
- 6fps continuous shooting (8fps with optional MB-D10 battery pack with lithium-ion battery EN-EL4a or 8 AA batteries).
- ISO 200-3200 : extendable up to ISO 6400 (equivalent) and down to ISO 100 (equivalent).
- EXPEED image processing engine with 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing for superb tonal gradation.
- Advanced Scene Recognition System combines the camera’s metering and AF sensors for precise exposures and sharply-defined images.
- Multi-CAM3500DX 51-point AF system . Individually selectable or configurable in 9-point, 21-point and 51-point coverage settings.
- Quick response with approx 0.13 second power-up and 45 millisecond shutter release time lag.
- Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing by enabling customization of image parameters before capture, and offer complete control over sharpening, contrast, brightness, hue and saturation in various color modes.
- 920,000 dot 3-inch VGA LCD monitor with wide, 170- degree viewing angle.
- Live View with Autofocus lets you compose images using the LCD monitor. Two modes are supported: Handheld or Tripod.
- Active D-Lighting enables superior high-contrast images by automatically applying tone compensation at the moment of capture.
- Durable, magnesium alloy body : water and dust resistant.
- Improved battery performance : sequential power supply between camera’s EN-EL3 rechargeable lithium-ion battery and the (optional) Multi-Power Battery Pack. HDMI video output interface enables connection to high-definition video systems.
- Intuitive ergonomics with optimized button placement for fast and comfortable handling.
- Lightweight Magnesium alloy body.
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 420 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or