The D300 defines a new class of compact professional SLR, incorporating groundbreaking technologies and performance of the D3 into a compact DX format body. The 12.3 megapixel CMOS sensor features a self-cleaning dust removal unit and delivers resolution suitable for commercial and stock photography. The EXPEED image processing engine supports a class-leading 6fps at up to 3200 ISO, and delivers superb tonal gradation. Its advanced Scene Recognition System produces superior exposures and is complimented by Nikons next-generation 51-point AF system, which offers broad coverage and high sensitivity in low light. Selectable Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing, saving time in post-production, and the high definition 3-inch LCD screen supports two Live View modes plus a HDMI video output. Responsive, rugged and light, the D300 offers new levels of performance for pros on a budget.
- 12.3 megapixel DX format CMOS image sensor . Built-in self-cleaning sensor unit minimizes the effect of dust.
- 6fps continuous shooting (8fps with optional MB-D10 battery pack with lithium-ion battery EN-EL4a or 8 AA batteries).
- ISO 200-3200 : extendable up to ISO 6400 (equivalent) and down to ISO 100 (equivalent).
- EXPEED image processing engine with 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing for superb tonal gradation.
- Advanced Scene Recognition System combines the cameras metering and AF sensors for precise exposures and sharply-defined images.
- Multi-CAM3500DX 51-point AF system . Individually selectable or configurable in 9-point, 21-point and 51-point coverage settings.
- Quick response with approx 0.13 second power-up and 45 millisecond shutter release time lag.
- Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing by enabling customization of image parameters before capture, and offer complete control over sharpening, contrast, brightness, hue and saturation in various color modes.
- 920,000 dot 3-inch VGA LCD monitor with wide, 170- degree viewing angle.
- Live View with Autofocus lets you compose images using the LCD monitor. Two modes are supported: Handheld or Tripod.
- Active D-Lighting enables superior high-contrast images by automatically applying tone compensation at the moment of capture.
- Durable, magnesium alloy body : water and dust resistant.
- Improved battery performance : sequential power supply between cameras EN-EL3 rechargeable lithium-ion battery and the (optional) Multi-Power Battery Pack. HDMI video output interface enables connection to high-definition video systems.
- Intuitive ergonomics with optimized button placement for fast and comfortable handling.
- Lightweight Magnesium alloy body.