Sensational performance and stunning looks ensure the super-slender COOLPIX S9200 stands out from the crowd.
The outstanding 18x NIKKOR optical lens covers it all: from distant and panorama shots to portraits and close-ups. The highly sensitive backlit 16-megapixel CMOS image sensor means first-class performance in any light, and lens-shift vibration reduction ensures clear results.
A dedicated movie-record button lets you become your own director in Full HD (1080p), so when the action happens you won’t miss a thing.
The COOLPIX S9200 — Slim super-zoom style.
- Back-illuminated 16-MP CMOS sensor: with each pixel receiving more light, this highly sensitive image sensor works with the EXPEED C2 processor to deliver clear images in any light.
- Slender super zoom: packing a 18x NIKKOR wide-angle optical zoom lens (25–450 mm) with ED glass, this slim camera offers sharp, precise shots however far away you are.
- Lens-shift VR (vibration reduction): capture steady photos and movies thanks to Nikon’s automatic vibration reduction technology, which counters the effects of camera shake in real time.
- Full HD (1080p) movie recording: record life in motion easily and in stereo sound. A dedicated video-record button makes it easy to begin filming.
- 7.5 cm (3.0-in.) 921k-dot LCD screen: whether you shoot in bright sunlight or in low light, this large screen with Nikon’s Clear Color Display technology offers sharp contrast and clear viewing.
- Advanced movie functions: you can pause and then continue filming, and the camera will create one movie file for smooth playback. The optical zoom with autofocus can be used when filming and you can record in iFrame format. A built-in HDMI connector lets you connect the camera directly to an HDTV.
- Auto HDR mode: capture images with impressive tonal detail in any situation when you shoot in HDR mode. The camera combines two shots taken at different exposures during a single shutter release to create an image with wide dynamic range and rich color gradation.
- Easy Panorama 360°/180°: pan vertically or horizontally to create dynamic panoramas.
- 3D shooting mode: create a 3D image that can be played back on 3D-capable TVs and computers.
- Retouch menu: enhance your photos in-camera with a range of filter effects. Includes options such as Selective Color, which converts your image to monochrome then adds a splash of color to an area of your choice, and Cross Screen, which lends a starry effect to bright objects.
- High-speed continuous shooting: capture sharp shots of the action with ease. The camera can shoot up to seven consecutive shots at a fast six frames-per-second.
- Mode dial: access the most important shooting modes quickly and easily via the conveniently placed mode dial.
19 scene modes: scene modes automatically optimize the camera settings for popular photographic styles, effects and locations. Achieve great shots just by selecting the mode that matches your situation.
- Fast and accurate AF: when you want to capture subjects that are not in the center of the frame, you can set the camera to shoot with a 99-point autofocus system for extra-sharp results.
- Subject Tracking AF: capture sharp shots of subjects that can’t or won’t stay still. Subject Tracking AF keeps the camera focused on a selected subject even if it is moving around.
- Wireless transfer: compatible with Eye-Fi X2 (or later) cards. Transmit your digital photos (in JPEG format) directly to your phone or personal computer, and then connect to the Internet to take advantage of Nikon’s photo sharing service, my Picturetown.
- Super-slim body: measuring just 30.4 mm at its widest and 23 mm at its thinnest, the COOLPIX S9200 proves it’s possible to be super and slim all at once.
- EXPEED C2: Nikon’s fast and powerful image processing system provides high-speed operation, enhanced movie recording, high-sensitivity performance and maximum image quality.