Impressive 13.5 megapixel camera with a versatile NIKKOR 4x zoom lens that lets you capture wide-angle and distant telephoto shots with ease. Advanced Exposure modes and system expandability provide outstanding versatility. Cutting-edge features include a built-in Global Positioning System (GPS) that can be set to record the exact location (latitude and longitude) where a shot was taken, and the option to capture and save images in RAW file format. The COOLPIX P6000 – designed to inspire excellence.
- NIKKOR wideangle 4x zoom lens with super-telephoto capability, offers outstanding precision and sharp resolution. (35mm 135 film format equivalent: 28 – 112mm). Focus range from as close as 2 cm to infinity.
- Built-in Global Positioning System (GPS) records the exact location (latitude and longitude) where a picture was taken as ‘geotags’ in the image data (EXIF).
- 13.5 megapixel resolution lets you capture outstandingly detailed images that are suitable for printing complete or just from selected areas, even in large format.
- RAW file format: images can be shot and saved in high-quality RAW format that provides an uncompressed digital “negative” of the image to perfect on a computer later on. RAW format images can be opened and edited in Nikon’s View NX software (Windows version only), or in any other application that supports the WIC (Microsoft’s Windows Image Component) codec.
- COOLPIX Picture Controls let you quickly and easily perfect your images in the camera. Simply select an image and adjust the sharpness, contrast, or vividness of the colors.
- Expandable system: compatible with external flash units, wideangle converter lenses, and wireless remote controls that let you release the shutter from a distance.
- Exposure Modes (P/S/A/M) for greater creative control. Programmed Auto (P), Shutter-priority Auto (S), Aperture-priority Auto (A) and Manual (M).
- Wired LAN connectivity for myPicturetown: connect a standard LAN Ethernet cable to the camera’s built-in LAN connector and access the Internet to send images directly to my Picturetown, Nikon’s online service for the storage and sharing of photos and videos.
- 3x anti-blur automatically counters blurred images in three ways. Lens-shift VR (Vibration Reduction) reduces the effect of camera shake and provides steadier images on the LCD screen. High ISO (6400) light sensitivity reduces the risk of blurred images with fast-moving subjects or in low-light. Best Shot Selector automatically selects the sharpest of up to 10 sequential shots.
- EXPEED image processing system for optimum performance and maximum image quality.
- 2.7-inch LCD monitor with wide viewing angle, brightness boost function and an anti-reflective coating to enhance visibility in bright sunlight.
- Advanced Face Priority AF lets you quickly detect and focus accurately on up to 12 faces in the frame.
- Optical viewfinder: achieve accurate composition in direct sunlight and other brightly lit conditions when an LCD monitor can be awkward to use.
- Free 2GB MyPicturetown account: Nikon’s Internet based storage and sharing service lets you store photos and videos securely online, and share them instantly with friends around the world, or place them in blogs and other websites.
- Body color: black.