The AF-S VR 70-300 f/4.5-5.6G IF-ED is a high-performance super telephoto zoom lens that has been designed to meet the demands of both digital and 35mm format SLR users. It offers a 4.3x zoom with a range of 70-300mm (105-450mm on a DX Nikon D-SLR) and features ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements that ensure superior optical performance. This lens incorporates Nikon’s second-generation vibration reduction system (VR II) that allows flexible hand-held shooting by stabilizing the image to the equivalent extent of using a shutter speed that is four stops faster when compared with a conventional lens (as determined by Nikon performance test). The SWM (Silent Wave Motor) and IF (Internal Focusing) ensure fast and quiet focusing action, and the nine-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend smoothly to produce natural-looking, harmonious backgrounds.
- 4.3x high-power zoom with a range of 70-300mm. Equivalent to 105-450mm when used with a DX format D-SLR camera.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) enables quiet automatic focusing with quick and convenient switching between autofocus and manual operation.
- IF (Internal Focusing) design for fixed lens length and non-rotating front element allows the use of circular polarizing filters and lens-mounted flash accessories.
- VR II offers the equivalent stability of a shutter speed that is 4 stops faster (as determined by Nikon performance test). Normal Mode counters hand-held vibration and Active Mode reduces mechanically-induced vibrations.
- 2 ED glass elements minimize chromatic aberration across the entire zoom range while ensuring high resolution and contrast.
- Focus options – Automatic with manual override and Manual only.
- 9-blade rounded diaphragm makes out-of-focus elements blend together smoothly for natural-looking backgrounds.
- 67mm diameter filter attachment size (non-rotating).