MSI Radeon R9 380 4G reviews

This graphics card is a good all rounder.

No prices available

See full product description

People Also Viewed

4. Related products

Some customer reviews of MSI Radeon R9 380 4G

Brendan, Norwich Avid gamer and modder.

The packaging was amazing, it in itself looked stylish, like opening the door to a shiny new Ferrari, I knew good things were to come just from opening the box. Not only did it look good the packaging was nice and tight and had a lot of protective foam as well as an anti static bag and a separate box to keep the documents and disc in. This section included a DVI to VGA adaptor which although prehistoric almost my second monitor is using, meaning I could plug and no play with no issues (good for those of you upgrading from an older system).

Now lets get down to the nitty gritty, performance. Having both benchmarked and run GTAV, Fallout 4 and Crysis 3, I can safely say that this card is most definitely worth buying, it ran them all with no issues at 1080p, having the 4GB version myself it really helped matters, especially with the VRAM hungry GTAV, not once did this card bottom out or stutter loading new sections. Then of course we get onto overclocking, if your PSU can handle it, the sky is the limit, I am a big fan of the software that comes with the card for this process, making overclocking or cooling a simple 1-click process.

Basically if you're in the market for a mid to top end card get this one! The MSI Twin Frozr 4GB version is really hard to beat for the price!
I feel the card is a little bulky, I understand they have an awesome design going on and the cooling system but I feel the bulk of the card and casing to it is a little much. Even with my larger case and cable ties everywhere I struggled getting it in without "modifying" my case with a pair of pliers...

Other than that I really cannot fault this card.
3 of 3 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 31 Dec 2015

James, Essex

Score 8.0/10
Really great packaging and build quality. Came with everything I needed for installation (including a vga/dvi converter - who even uses vga anymore?)

Pretty stellar performance with GTA V and Elite:Dangerous.

I'm glad I opted for the 4gig model over the 2gig one, as GTA immediately consumed more than 2gig, however it is notorious for doing so.

(running in tandem with 8gb DDR3 RAM and an AMD FX "bulldozer" CPU)
It is a pretty big card - way bigger than my old Radeon HD5770. Had to gut my case and rewire the whole thing to get the ATX header in with this chip - but I guess my case needed tidying...

I'm not really displeased with any aspect of this unit. Maybe I would have liked a case sticker - but that's really trivial!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Only a minor difference between the R9 290 at a fraction of the price
Outperforms the GTX 970 on most benchmark tests
Runs GTA V on higher settings at a stable framerate
Runs Wolfenstein the New Order at higher settings with a stable framerate
The card looks very sleak
Quiet card
Low TDP
The card is a little on the larger side which wasn't a problem with my oversized case, but it may be for you so make you sure you have a case that can fit this beast of a card.

Confirmed purchase: 22 Jan 2016

Andrew, Sunderland

Score 10.0/10
Performed as expected right out of the box. Played a few graphically heavy games after install and had no problems on max settings. Love the almost silent running...just need a silent chip fan now!
Nothing for me. But, make sure you have two 6pin leads from your power supply unit.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 06 Sep 2015

anthony, rochdale

Score 7.0/10
saw a reasonable improvement over an older msi r7770 card.
its very noisy. the card is also huge. it almost touches hard drives in my midi tower case.

Confirmed purchase: 03 May 2016

David,

Handles everything well, perfect for 1080p gaming
Setting up profiles in the drivers will prove difficult

Confirmed purchase: 03 May 2016

Also known as: MSI Radeon R9 380

Manufacturer's Description

Primed to enable astonishing performance and breathtaking image quality, making it a top choice for gamers who expect the best.

Leave HD in the dust and max-out game settings at 1440p, or jump directly to ultra-HD 4K.

Get quality that rivals 4K, even on a 1080p display while playing your favorite AAA or online games thanks to AMD’s VSR.

AMD FreeSync™ technology puts an end to choppy gameplay and broken frames with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate.

Battle-ready with optimized performance for next-gen APIs (Vulkan™, DirectX® 12, Mantle, OpenGL 4.4) and is designed from the ground up to give you everything you need to enjoy the latest games today and tomorrow.

Step into enhanced gaming realism with AMD LiquidVR™ technology and sustain an ultra-immersive VR presence—liquid-smooth, low-latency, plug-and-play compatible.

Designed to deliver all the benefits of Microsoft Windows 10 OS and bring new computing experiences to life. Get DirectX® 12 with a free upgrade to Windows 10 in its first year.

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 417 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or