Meaco Low Energy 12L MEACO12LE

Photo of Meaco Low Energy 12L MEACO12LE Dehumidifier
  • Photo of Meaco Low Energy 12L MEACO12LE Dehumidifier

This dehumidifier is a good all rounder.

£160 – £180 at 5 retailers out of 424 retailers checked

100, 165W See full product description

People Also Viewed

4. Related products

Some customer reviews of Meaco Low Energy 12L MEACO12LE

Michelle, Bradford

Score 10.0/10
Simple to set up, very effective and straight-forward. Does exactly what it says it does
Reviewer left no comment
Adjustability 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 30 Nov 2016

Kelly, Lydney Happy consumer

I was apprehensive when buying as I wasn't 100% sure if the expenditure would be worth it. I can assure within the first day of using the product I no longer had excessive condensation in the morning in my old, damp cottage. I would recommend this product, it has improved the air quality within my home and will pull near 2l of moisture from atmosphere within a 24hr period. It also helps with drying any washing.
If I had to pick a bad point, the water collection tank isn't large. I could not leave the dehumidifier running whilst on a weekend away with the current moisture collection.
This is me picking though as the dehumidifier has a hose option for draining outside/ into a drain. It's just not possible for me.
Adjustability 9.0
Design/build quality 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 25 Nov 2016

Confirmed purchaser

Works like a charm.
Nothing really - maybe a bit loud, but i have never owned one before so nothing to compare it to. Plus, I would rather have the steady rumble than damp / mould.
Design/build quality 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 21 Nov 2016

Zac, Kent

Score 8.0/10
Works brilliantly has removed 2-4litres of water every day for last 2 weeks.
Quiet as a small desk fan running
Could do with a bigger water tank.
Capacity 6.0

Confirmed purchase: 21 Nov 2016

Greg, Nottingham I'm a normal guy

Score 10.0/10
Purchased this dehidifier approximately a month ago now. Looks good. Comes with HEPA filter. Works effectively. My wife and I both have a shower each night, and if does a brilliant job of sucking the water out of the air, as our extractor fan is useless. No more condensation on the windows. Also, our home feels warmer since having the dehumidifier, without increasing our central heating. A little too early to comment on the cost effectiveness, however comparing the wattage to other dehumidifiers we hope we have made a wise investment. We can leave the dehumidifier on all day because it switches off once it has reached its % target, and then samples the air every 30 minutes to check the water %. There is a child lock function which is useful with a 3 year old in the house. Overall we are very satisfied with the purchase and would strongly recommend.
The air output flap is adjustable so you can direct the clean air where you want it to go. The instructions states that the air output flap must be open when the dehumidifier is in use. However, with having a 3 year old in the house, the first thing he wants to do is play with the flap. On one occasion he closed the flap without us knowing when the dehumidifier was in standby mode, and when the dehumidifier came back on, the flap was closed. I realised by chance some time later and opened the flap. It would be nice if there was an alarm, or if the dehumidifier was deactivated when the flap is closed, as the instructions state that damage can occur if the flap is closed when the dehumidifier is on.

It does make a noise when on, but I don't think there are many silent dehumidifiers. It sits on the upstairs landing and my wife and I have no trouble sleeping in the bedroom just off the landing.
Adjustability 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 13 Nov 2016

Anthony, Preston

Score 8.0/10
appears to do the job it is designed to do
Fan is noisier than description but only run it through the day so livable with.
Adjustability 5.0
Design/build quality 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 07 Nov 2016

Bridget, Cheltenham

Very efficient very pleased with the dehumidifier
Reviewer left no comment

Depth in cm 32.5
Width in cm 24.8
Height in cm 48.5

Manufacturer's Description

The most common question that we get asked by customers is ‘how much does it cost to run a dehumidifier’, which is a reflection of the cost of electricity in Britain these days. We have always made our dehumidifiers as efficient as possible to keep costs to a minimum and now with the new Platinum Range of dehumidifiers we have taken energy efficiency to a whole new level.

We have had the Platinum Range tested at a leading international independent laboratory in Hong Kong against the most up to date standard and it passed the highest possible level. To achieve this standard of excellence we had to make sure that each individual component was of the highest quality to maximise efficiency. This means that we can confidently say that the Meaco Platinum Range creates a new benchmark and their proven quality sets them apart from the rest of the market.

The Meaco 12L Low Energy Dehumidifier might be the entry level of the range but it still boasts a wide range of features including;

The cheaper way to combat mould, condensation and damp in small to 3 bedroom houses

12 litre dehumidifier

Just 165 watts rated power consumption – 2.51p/hour based on 15.2p/kWh

Unique Meaco control logic that saves money and improves performance*

Digital display to show you the current room reading

Variable humidistat from 30 to 80%rh in 5%rh steps

Lourve to direct the dry air at washing

1 – 24 hour off timer