Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2010 reviews

This software is a good all rounder.

£275 at 1 retailer out of 419 retailers checked

PC, Windows XP See full product description

Some customer reviews of Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2010

Jackie, Highbridge, Somerset Running family owned farm

I have used QuickBooks since 2001 to do our farm's accounts and have always found it more than adequate. It's simply to use, even for me, a person who normally blanches at the mention of accounts. However, as Windows operating systems got newer my old program got less compatible until it was no longer viable, so I bought the new version QuickBooks 2010. When I registered it the guy at Intuit offered me a contract with constant accessibility to the helpline, but I figured this version would be as easy to use as the old version which I was already very familiar with. If anything, it's even easier with everything laid out within easy reach. It copes well with incoming invoices, reminding me when they're due for payment and enables me to keep everything ticking over. Initial setup was very straightforward even though my old files were so old. This meant I had to temporarily install QuickBooks 2006 (a link was provided), restore the file then import that into the new program, but the program itself talked me through the whole procedure step-by-step. The accountant is also happy I've bought a newer version as it will make it easier for him next year!
I use Intuit's Quicken for my personal accounts and that has the facility to do an end-of-year backup, hiding all the reconciled transactions and basically starting afresh for the new financial year. I had hoped the new version of QuickBooks would have the same feature, but unfortunately it doesn't so each financial year rolls into the next and the program keeps of running total of all figures - ever! However, for someone who knows a bit more about accounting than I do, this should be easily resolved.
How easy to set-up 10.0
Features 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 29 Jul 2011

Rod, Rochford, Essex

Score 7.0/10
It's easy to use because it is laid out the way you usually do business. You just update it every time a bill comes in or a payment is made simply by clicking on a button and entering the details. there is lots of prompts and easy short cuts to keep the tasks simple and quick.
More information about clients and suppliers could be made available on screen. You have to rumage around a bit to find what you want. Your accountant will probalbly be used to working with Sage. But don't them put you off. Overall its good.
How easy to set-up 8.0

Features 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 11 Oct 2010

Richard, Norwich

Score 1.0/10
It is easy to use accounts packag
The company force you to buy a new package too often. For example I had to upgrade the 2008 package as it did not support vista 64 bit nor Windows 7.

Other packages I have work with no problem on windows XP, vista and windows 7, but QB seems to be very very operating system dependent.
How easy to set-up 7.0
Features 7.0
Performance 6.0
2 of 4 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 08 Oct 2010

Confirmed purchaser

Score 10.0/10
I upgraded from 2007 version which was an easy process, I couldn't run my business effeciently without this program.
Reviewer left no comment

Media format Download
Minimum RAM (GB) 512

Also known as: QUICKBOOK QuickBooks Pro 2010

Manufacturer's Description

Invoices. Estimates. Bills. VAT. Cash flow. Manage your company’s finances with QuickBooks Pro, the easy accounting software designed for businesses.

Quicker, easier and more flexible than paper and spreadsheets
Be more efficient: track cash flow, invoices and payments in one place
Guaranteed easy to set up and use – or your money back1
QuickBooks Pro is accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales* and 8 out of 10 users say QuickBooks helps save time on their accounts2.

Product Retailer Price Total price Buy now