The new Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition is Intel’s most powerful desktop processor ever
• 10, 8, or 6 cores of uncompromised performance.
• With up to 10 cores and 20 threads of performance, individual tasks can get a core or more of dedicated performance, with many creative apps like those from Adobe scaling up performance to match core count.
First Intel 10-core desktop processor delivers mega-tasking power
• 10, 8, or 6 cores deliver uncompromised performance for mega-tasking when simultaneous, compute-intensive, multi-threaded workloads are stacked. With an Intel® Core™ i7 processor Extreme Edition you’ll no longer experience frustrating delays.
• Content Creation Mega-tasking: editing + image composition + effects rendering + music composition + massive 4k file size upload.
• Gaming Mega-tasking: gameplay + broadcasting + background removal + encoding.
Extreme performance for enthusiasts with the new Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
• A huge performance boost for single threaded workloads with the new Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0.
• Unlocked processors provide additional headroom to maximize performance and Intel offers tools to make it easier to perfect your overclocking experience.
• For gamers who record gameplay and want to share via VOD sites like YouTube the Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition family takes advantage of multithreaded DCC apps for faster/smoother editing and uploading.
• Blistering performance when editing or doing effects in 4k which can take up to 4x the processing power of HD resolution (and 4K is the new standard for creative projects).
Intel Extreme Edition is the ultimate platform for VR content creation and gaming
• 40 PCIe lanes* connected directly into the CPU giving you the ability to expand your system with fast SSD’s, up to 4 discrete GFX cards, and ultra-fast Thunderbolt 3.0 solutions (* Except i7 6800K which has 28 PCIe lanes).
• Plenty of high speed ports and I/O to attach all your gaming peripherals, including the latest VR head mounted displays.
• Developing content for VR demands the extreme performance for editing, rendering, and effects that you get with Intel Extreme Edition for the massive workloads associated with VR.
• Quad channel memory in Intel Core i7 processor Extreme Edition improves responsiveness and decreases start up time when you’re working with large files and applications.
• Core i7 Extreme Edition systems support Thunderbolt 3 add-in cards delivering 40GBps bi-directional bandwidth.
• The Intel Solid State Drive 750 Series connects directly into the CPU via PCIe, providing 13X faster performance than a standard hard disc drive and 4X faster performance than a SATA SSD.