Intel Core i7 4770

This cpu is a good all rounder.

£210 – £326 at 3 retailers out of 423 retailers checked

See full product description

People Also Viewed

4. Related products

Some customer reviews of Intel Core i7 4770

Aaron,

Score 10.0/10
went from a first Gen i7 920 to this and what a difference!
speedy and and runs cool.
the stock cooler that comes with it can run a wee smidge noisy but i'll be replacing that soon with a luquid system.. the cooler you can keep it the longer the life you'll get..
all in all very highly recommended..... you might ask why not go for the 4770k???
Well while i have played with clocking my RAM just to check it out.. in general my clocking days are over as i just don't see the pojnt these days.. things are delightfully fast enough and this has speed in SPADES
Reviewer left no comment

Confirmed purchase: 28 Nov 2013

Richard, Cardiff Veteran PC 'maker'

Very fast processor, good price ... no need to purchase 'K' version if not OC
Image quality 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 24 Mar 2014

Yusuf, London Enthusiast system builder

Score 10.0/10
I needed to get myself a new computer as my old one didn't take kindly to getting a bath when my youngster poured water over it. I looked around the site and came across this at a great price and decided to spend more on other things and then perhaps get the newer version of the i7 (Haswell-E) when it comes out later on in the year. Very good processor. Does everything needed of it, without fuss and remains at a cool core temp even when multitasking images and video files. I have most of the latest games installed and play them without any problems maxed graphics and sound without issue. The price was a steal (main reason I went for the stock version and not the K, as I am not intending to overclock on this machine)

It came with a stock fan (which I replaced with a chunkier one) It has all the brackets and screws with thermal past applied. Very straight forward to install and you get the Intel tweak tool download from Intel web support page and MacAfee security thrown in for good measure. Very fast and smooth, fast boot and I have even managed to increase the stock 3.4 Ghz to 4.0 Ghz without even trying anything apart from my motherboards tweak tools. Money well spent.

Confirmed purchase: 24 Mar 2014

Cammeron, PC build enthusiast

Score 10.0/10
Amazing. I was originally looking at the 4790k but after reading its reviews I soon turned then to the 4770k. I then realised that realistically, I have no need for over clocking so I went with the standard 4770. I'm not saying I just settled for the standard version, I'm simply saying that as I don't need to over clock this was the better choice, and the same goes for you. This CPU is great value for money, is powerful and handles everything I throw at it with ease. I have no regrets at all for not getting the k. If you are looking for an i7 then I highly recommend this one, you will not be disappointed.
The wires on the stock cooling fan are too short, I had trouble connecting it to my CPU fan port on my motherboard and had to use a case fan port instead.
Image quality 9.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 12 Dec 2014

Jamie, London

Score 10.0/10
Great processor and power for the price. A great deal and would definitely recommend for those who want to run lots of applications at the same time. Coupled with a Corsair H80 watercooler it packs a great deal of power, low noise and runs cool.

Confirmed purchase: 05 Apr 2014

Russell, Chelmsford Gaming

powerful suites my gaming needs
you'll need a 1150 socket to run it if that isn't obvious, quite expensive

Confirmed purchase: 04 Nov 2013

Sebastian, London Buy this product. Satisfaction

Score 10.0/10
Does what I want it to do.
Reviewer left no comment