HP Photosmart Premium Fax reviews: Colour Inkjet printer

+ This printer has no outstanding positive points. - It scores poorly on performance.

No prices available

HP Photosmart Premium Fax: A4 Inkjet printer with LCD Display function and Bluetooth. See full product description
  3. Expert reviews
  5. Related products

Some customer reviews of HP Photosmart Premium Fax

Janusz, Acton Frequent home user

Great price printer which meets all my needs for scanning, printing, copying and faxing!
None yet!
Print quality 8.0
Compatibility 8.0
Speed 8.0

Geof, Market Harborough Frequent home user

Score 10.0/10
From the quality of the print to the many easily used features, this machine has given me a greater facility than previous printers I have used. The wireless facility adds another dimention as I can send from anywhere and print on demand.
None That I have found so far
Speed 9.0

Confirmed purchaser Frequent home user

Print quality is great, lots of stuff it can do that I've not even began to explore yet.
Set up was mega easy - HP software takes a little while to load up, but once you've done it, it's easy.
The web printing is a great feature - a novel feature and very easy to set up.
Scanning documents via the feeder is easy.
Duplex mode is a great way to save paper & with everything else, very easy to set up.
Great value for money when I bought it
Takes a little while to wake up if it has gone to sleep, but that's not a major issue for me.
It is a large unit - make sure you have plenty of room for it.
Print quality 8.0
Speed 7.0

Tim, Horsham Frequent home user

Score 3.0/10
Packaging is pretty good.

I was unable to find any other good points as I have not been able to use either of the 2 printers I have tried. I have not been able to cover all the rating points for the same reason.
I never managed to complete product set-up. The printer would not acknowledge the presence of 2 of the ink cartridges. I also got the general error code 0x61000f6 a couple of times. The machine refers you to product documentation but there is none covering errors supplied with the printer. The on-line store gave me HP's UK number but I was not able to solve the problem even with extensive HP troubleshooting support. HP provided a replacement but it was a refurbished printer. There was ink on the head and scratches on the screen. I did not accept it.

The on-line store agreed to provide a new replacement. During set-up I had a couple of errors come up, but managed to get by using the troubleshooting routine I had been shown by HP. I then loaded the software from the DVD onto several computers and ran print tests. This all worked ok. I then powered off the last laptop and re-booted only to get a message that there was a printer error. I checked the small screen on the printer and it was 0x61000f6. I tried to get rid of it by powering off, running troubleshooting, but could not. I checked for the error code on HP Support website and couldn't find it. I googled the error code and found an HP page that gave 7 different checks to run to eradicate the problem. I tried them all. No. 7 was to get it serviced!! After an hour researching other printers then called the on-line store. I have asked for a Canon instead.

In total, I have spent 2 1/2 man-days on this. How much is one of your days worth? I will never buy another HP product if I can avoid it. Please draw your own conclusion.

Print quality 5.0

Speed 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 08 Jun 2011

Meena, Leicester Frequent home user

Score 10.0/10
Am sooo happy to buy this printer!!! very easy and fast, i can print from anywere.
Reviewer left no comment
Speed 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 07 Jun 2011

Chris, weston super mare Occasional home user

EASY TO USE
i had an upgrade on the third day which resulted in the scanner not functioning. I now have to scan via the computer rather than the printer direct
Print quality 9.0

Also known as: HP Photosmart Premium, Photosmart Premium

Printers Buying Guide

Manufacturer's Description

Overview

Versatile, wireless all-in-one with fax2. Fax, copy & scan 2-sided documents unattended, with the 50-page automatic document feeder & built-in duplexer. Plus, get lab-quality photos, laser-quality 2-sided documents, CD/DVD printing1 & more.

Features

This versatile all-in-one offers print, fax, scan and copy functions, plus a 2-sided automatic document feeder and duplexer. It also has fun features like direct CD/DVD printing1 and Quick Forms, which provide Sudoku games, templates and more.

Print from virtually anywhere in your home. Share & print from Wi-fi-enabled notebooks & PCs, or from Bluetooth®-enabled cell phones & PDAs, using the built-in wireless connectivity3. Users can connect via Ethernet for a secure wired connection.

Get laser-quality documents & lab-quality photos, with HP 5 individual inks. Replace each cartridge separately when needed, plus enjoy up to 3x more black & 2.5x more colour pages when using optional high-capacity cartridges4.

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 419 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or