Hooded cat litter tray

This home miscellaneou is a good all rounder.

No prices available

People Also Viewed

3. Related products

Some customer reviews of Hooded cat litter tray

danielle, brentwood

Score 10.0/10
keeps smell in
bit hard puttng it together some of the parts were tough

Confirmed purchase: 29 Jan 2009

Confirmed purchaser

Score 3.0/10
big
the door broke
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 28 Dec 2008

Kim , London Happy cat woman

Keeps the smell / litter at bay, it also hides unsightly little cat presents! Good if you have a small area in the house and do not want to offend people!
Reviewer left no comment

Confirmed purchase: 26 Jan 2009

Helen, Cornwall

Score 8.0/10
So impressed with this that I recommended it to my parents and they asked me to get them one, which I did! The bottom of the door is nice and low so it's easy for the cat to get in. Some other enclosed trays I've seen are about half way up meaning the cat has to climb up to get in. The tray is nice and deep so if you're out all day you can fill it and know the cat has sufficient litter all day. The door is quite a reasonable size for our elderly cat to comfortably get through. It clips securely together so it can be moved around easily by the carrying handle on the top. Our last litter tray used to warp with the weight of the litter when we picked it up - this one does not, even without the lid on, it is very sturdy. The enclosed nature means that when the cat is digging or covering (as they do), the litter cannot fly out all over the room as it does with a normal "open" tray - hooray! They can't "miss" the tray and you can't see them "in action" as it's enclosed. The scoop that comes with it neatly stores in the top and it folds flat against the inside of the roof - it is not dangling down inside the tray for the cat to avoid, so you don't have to find a place to store it when not in use. This scoop is also much sturdier than the last scoop we bought elsewhere. Our old one used to bend under the weight - this one does not. There is a filter in the roof to allow some ventilation but to keep nasty smells inside.
As our cat is old, she is not comfortable with the flap on the front. I either had to stand and hold the flap up for her when she is in the tray, or take it off the front. I have taken it off, but have adapted it slightly so that I can attach it to the outside of the tray with a piece of velcro, leaving only a small gap at the bottom for any smells to escape, and then take it off when she needs the tray again. I am finding this works quite well for us as I am at home to keep an eye on when she needs her tray. Probably someone with a younger cat would be able to train them to use the flap with no problem I would think, but our cat being old and set in her ways has, so far, been unable to get used to using the tray with it on. Even without the flap on the front it is still a HUGE improvement on our previous "uncovered" litter tray. I would never go back to using the uncovered sort again having had this one.

Confirmed purchase: 23 Jan 2009

Dee, Lancashire

Easy to clean. Keeps all those pussycat smells within the box. Easy to ove around as it is handled. Bright colours so looks clean.
There aren't any : it does it's job.
10 of 10 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 19 Nov 2008

Joyce, Canvey Island I am honest

Score 8.0/10
easy to add litter - light and airy for the cat.
Difficulty in assembling the clip on the sides of the hood. Cat litter tray bags too small - cat tears them and pulls them out. Perhaps - at a slight cost - there could be adhesive tabs to stick on the sides of the tray bags to hold them in place!

Confirmed purchase: 05 Feb 2009

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 424 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or