Hewlett Packard DV73020SA Recon reviews and prices: Laptop computer

+ This laptop has no outstanding positive points. - It scores poorly on size and weight.

No prices available

People Also Viewed

3. Related products

Some customer reviews of Hewlett Packard DV73020SA Recon

Pryemek, London+ General home user

Quiet,, fast,
battery life could be longer, when using on power cable it gets a bit hot
Battery life 6.0
Size and weight 8.0
Performance 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 23 Mar 2010

Anne, Rugby General home user

Score 8.0/10
the bulit in webcam gives a very clear picture, the 17" screen is good even using it in the conservetory I can see the screen, the key board feels great and the wifi means I can use it anywhere to get on the web.
a bit heavy but then it is a large laptop what can you expect.
Battery life 5.0
Design 10.0
Size and weight 5.0
Performance 10.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 22 Mar 2010

Craig, Kent General home user

Score 7.0/10
Purchased, primarily, for family use as a substitute desktop; it is not small or light and the battery life is unexeceptional. In this role it has exceeded my expectations. Unlike my, albeit older, Acer laptop there is now no moaning about how slow multiple web pages are to load, etc.

Very good screen (for a laptop) that calibrated surprisingly well. For surfing, email and office apps it is more than fast enough and "gentle" multi tasking is possible. 2D games (e.g Sims, Club Penguin), on or off line, are no problem. Very good webcam with "fun" software. Wireless (802.11g) signal strength much better than Acer. Firmware upgrade provided 802.11n, though my router is not capable. Nice touch sensitive controls for volume, mute and wireless off/on. Comes with a remote control that stores in the Express Card slot. Plenty of I/O options. Sound quality exceptional.
On opening the box I was surprised to find nothing but the laptop, remote, mains lead and single sheet Quick Start Guide that basically said, "plug it in and switch it on"! No Manual, no software, no OS or Recovery disc. However, after switching it on, all is revealed. Prompts to create recovery discs are made during the lengthy (over 2 hours, IIRC) set up, along with directions to the manual on the HDD, etc. So, although unexpected, everything that "should" have been in the box was user created (just make sure you have some blank optical media handy).

Garish design, IMO. Build is a little flimsy. Mains adapter would be better with a right angle plug or better still have the socket on the rear of the laptop, not the side, where it is vulnerable and the lead can foul the DVD tray. Scroll bar on touchpad insensitive. One small dink in top plate, but it is a refurb.

Lots of bloatware loaded, but doesn't appear to have impacted the performance.
Battery life 5.0
Design 7.0
Size and weight 4.0
Performance 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 21 Mar 2010

Confirmed purchaser General home user

Good design.
Value for money.
Fast and Smooth processing.
Overheat.
Design 8.0
Size and weight 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 16 Feb 2010

JPMan, Northampton General home user

Score 7.0/10
Screen Size provides good viewing area
Software included
Power adapter lead protrudes to far out
Design 7.0
Size and weight 7.0
Performance 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 14 Mar 2010

Confirmed purchaser General home user

I wanted this laptop to replace my desktop, which is quite speccy and it does that impeccably. I wanted it to stream live tv, with a quality picture, and it also copes admirably. Sound quality from the altec lansing speakers is never going to compete with a home entertainment system but its better than most laptop speakers that I've heard. I spent quite a lot of time researching for this purchase, and I am more than happy with the value for money, with this being a remanufactured model. I think I'd be just as happy if I'd paid full price for this laptop
None to mention. Apart from possibly a sticky Ctrl key!!
Size and weight 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 14 Apr 2010

amalia, surbiton

Score 8.0/10
I love my HP!! Great laptop, great performance! The processor is fast, the uploading is fast, I had no problems on command response (as a graphic designer I need all this)
Yhe volume bar - if I am watching a video on internet, on maximize, when I use the volume bar the video window screen is going automatically on minimize.
I wish there could be an option to set up the media touch commands for any media player you want to use with. Ex: If I am using winamp, I can use only the volum bar but not the stop-forward-backward-pause-stop buttons. It should recognize automatically any soft is opened.
Can be the keyboard touch sensitive as well? And the lef -right "mouse" buttons?
Size and weight 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 06 Apr 2010

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 419 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or