Hewlett Packard DM31030SA Recon reviews and prices: Laptop computer

This laptop is a good all rounder.

No prices available

People Also Viewed

3. Related products

Some customer reviews of Hewlett Packard DM31030SA Recon

Steve, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire Often on the move

Score 8.0/10
It is a bit early to give a balanced assessment of the laptop. Working with a new computer, with different software and operating programmes is one of those stressful situations ranking with divorce, bereavement or moving house.

So far it seems quick, very portable with a clear screen and reasonable keyboard..
The lack of a printed manual is apparently normal. But daft. It spoils the whole experience of getting a new computer. With hindsight it would have only taken a few pages to have made all the difference. It seems that the whole computer industry is full of nerds unable to think through what an average customer wants to do when setting up a new computer. I have spoken to several friends about this and they all feel that in upgrading they loose the sense of control and utility they had with their old model.
Battery life 9.0

Performance 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 21 Apr 2010

Tracey , Halifax General home user

Score 7.0/10
The good thing is that it's rather a good size for carrying around - it's quite cute and looks smart. I do like the keyboard - it feels nice as a touch typist.
The bad thing is that I couldn't create back up discs without doing a recovery on the first day I put it on. Since then the back up discs worked ok though and someone did talk me through that. The left click button seems very tinny and I am not sure if it means it will not last long, only the left one - it feels slightly cheap although the right one is fine. I paid no small amount for this product and yet I find right now I'm using my husband's 15.6" rather ordinary laptop which we purchased a few months ago - and I have to say it feels quite nice - much as the smaller model is great for carting around - this one is good and feels stable and certainly doesn't feel as cheap as it was. When I'm using Outlook on mine occasionally my email will just suddenly send for no apparent reason - I must be touching something but it must be very sensitive - I hope that's all it is. I am determined to get used to it and make it work as I spent hours trying to find the right laptop.
Battery life 8.0
Size and weight 9.0
Performance 6.0

Confirmed purchase: 20 Jul 2010

Tony, Wilmington, Dartfordd General home user

Score 8.0/10
I brought this laptop to get the right balance between size (13inch), perf, looks and cost. It totally fits the bill and I have not been disapointed at all.
Reviewer left no comment
Battery life 5.0
Size and weight 8.0
Performance 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 17 May 2010

Allison, Bath General home user

Score 10.0/10
Really pleased with this laptop, lightweight, excellent quality and looks smart. Bought this item refurbished and have to say have been pleasantly surprised, no problems what so ever, great way to save money.
None
Battery life 10.0
Performance 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 10 Nov 2010

Stuart, West Lothian Business user

Score 7.0/10
Excellent screen and keyboard.
Reasonable sound.
Fair performance for office type activities and media playback
The touchpad takes a bit of getting used to and the mouse buttons and a little squidgy for my liking, but I use an external mouse at least 90% of the time anyway.

Media transcoding is a little slow and any kind of on the fly compiling isn't wonderful but well within acceptable limits.
Battery life 8.0
Size and weight 8.0
Performance 7.0

Confirmed purchase: 07 May 2010

Confirmed purchaser Often on the move

Score 10.0/10
Absolutely fantastic laptop! Portable and can run normal everyday software packages at an ease. This is a bargain and worth every penny. Ideal for university or college. A very classy finished product with a smooth and sleek design.
The touchpad is not that great compared to my last laptop although you can always connect a external mouse, apart from that nothing bad to report.
Battery life 10.0
Performance 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 02 Nov 2010

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 419 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or