Garmin GPSMAP 60CSX reviews
Some customer reviews of Garmin GPSMAP 60CSXMost helpful reviews
Chris, Somerset Keen country rambler
- Good points:
Excellent for walking and does not loose sat link under trees ro thick cloud, unlike previous Garmin Legend.
UK Maps are good and have many footpaths (most official FPs), although lower rated paths may not show.
Used in country and towns including London and was good for walking in all, even tracked on surface route Underground train. But... Remember to load the map for the area you want, as you may get there and just have way points and no map. I keep tracks and routes for an area on a file and download it again, with the map when revisiting the area. Planned routes work very well. Belt clip works well on belt or backpack, when not hand held.
- Bad points:
- OS restriction on non printing of maps (not Garmin's fault), but you can print text version of route or track. If in town, you use the 'follow roads' route it may not use the quickest route 'on foot' but may follow 'best car route' but you just need to zoom out a bit and choose different roads. Like all GPS you have to use some 'common sense' and remember it will always get you to where you want to go.
|Ease of use||8.0|
|Value for money||10.0|
Confirmed purchase: 25 Jan 2008
- Good points:
- Obtains the satellite signals more quickly than an earlier model. Much lighter and smaller than an earlier model.
- Bad points:
- Nothing in particular
|Ease of use||9.0|
|Value for money||8.0|
Confirmed purchase: 09 Dec 2007
|Type of satellite navigation||Portable Navigation Device|
|Map storage medium||On board Memory Card|
|Screen size (Inches)||3|
Also known as: Garmin GPSMAP 60CxSatellite Navigation Buyers Guide
The GPSMAP 60CSx adds several performance-enhancing features to the popular 60-series products, including a removable microSD™ card, high-sensitivity GPS receiver, barometric altimeter and electronic compass.
Pinpoint Your Location — and Direction
With the GPSMAP 60CSx, you can find your way in almost any conditions:
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver gives you improved satellite reception even in heavy tree cover or deep canyons
- Barometric altimeter provides extremely accurate elevation data
- Electronic compass can determine your heading and direction, even when you’re standing still
- IPX7 waterproof case can withstand an accidental dunk in the water and still perform
- Large, colour TFT display makes viewing the screen easy, day or night
- Built-in autoroute basemap, including major roads, exits and tide data, gives you automatic, turn-by-turn directions
Add More Detail
The 60CSx comes with a blank 64 megabyte (MB) microSD card, so you can store extra maps from optional MapSource® mapping software. Just connect to your computer with the USB cable, and you can load map data or transfer routes and waypoints. You can even purchase microSD cards that are preloaded with MapSource maps, which means you don’t have to connect to your computer. The microSD card slot is located inside the waterproof battery compartment, so you never have to worry about water getting inside.
GPSMAP 60CSx: Put the great outdoors in the palm of your hand
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 420 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or