Customer reviews of Epos M22i
We're still waiting for the first review for this product.
We only publish reviews from people who we know own the product. We invite people to write a review after they have bought a product from one of the shops we work with. Reviewers who don't buy from these shops have to provide proof they own the product before we'll publish their review. This way, we can be sure that every single review on reevoo.com is written by someone who really knows what they’re talking about.
How Reevoo collects reviews
Reevoo confirmed reviews are collected from people who have definitely bought the product.
How can we be sure? Because we check every single reviewer. First you buy the product, then:
- If you buy from one of the shops or manufacturers we work with, we send you a questionnaire, which you complete and return
- If not, you go to reevoo.com and provide proof of purchase when you write your review
- We publish your review on reevoo.com and the websites of our shop and manufacturer partners
The current flagship of the Mi range of speakers, the 2 ½- way M22i, has deeper bass and higher power handling than the M16i. In designing the M22i, the Epos engineering team designed a high performance two channel speaker that would be equally at home in a home theatre application.
The M22i uses the revised Epos 25mm (1 in.) low distortion metal dome tweeter, designed for smooth, clear and extended treble. The upper frequency crossover is centred on 5kHz and the minimalistic 1st order crossover is simply a polypropylene film capacitor.
Epos has designed a robust new 165mm (6.5in.) mid-range woofer with die-cast aluminium alloy chassis, phase plug and moulded polypropylene cone. Its curved cone profile and graduated thickness were engineered to ‘roll off’ high frequencies mechanically, in a smooth fashion. It also has very high power handling. As such, the woofer requires no electrical crossover (neither high pass, nor low pass) to reproduce dynamic, natural bass and mid-range frequencies in this model.
The mid-range driver runs in a sealed chamber, with the tweeter. It is designed to naturally roll-off around 80Hz, with useful output below that. The woofer and mid-bass output overlap and work effectively as one bigger unit. This reinforces the power and dynamics of this compact speaker.
The 165mm (6.5in.) bass driver is similar to the midrange but has a weighted dust cap instead of a phase plug. It is mounted in a separate chamber in the lower section of the cabinet and is loaded with a rear-firing port, flared at both ends for low turbulence and minimal distortion. It is also filtered by the crossover to limit frequencies above 100Hz.
Together, the woofer and mid-range units handle very high powers. We recommended that the M22i should be partnered with an amplifier that is capable of driving a four Ohm load to high levels.
The tri-wirable input panel is made from solid anodised aluminium alloy, with sturdy high-spec terminals suited for spade lug or other types of plugs. High grade metal links join the terminals together and can be removed for separate connection to each driver.
Great care has been taken with the manufacturing of the cabinets. They are grain pattern matched for each pair. Internally, extensive bracing and 25mm (1 in.) thick front and rear baffles have been skilfully engineered to reduce unwanted cabinet vibration and coloration. Grilles are made of silk cloth, over an MDF frame, for easy integration with home furnishings, although the M22i is equally attractive without the grilles. A black lacquered integral plinth, which includes sturdy steel inserts to take adjustable 8mm carpet spikes, completes the package.
- Mi TweeterTweeter: Epos 25mm aluminium dome with high-temperature voice coil, Ferrofluid cooling and ferrite magnet system. Magnetically shielded.
- Mi Mid/Bass UnitEpos Mid-bass 165mm with polymer cone, 32mm high-temperature voice coil and injection moulded phase plug mounted on a die-cast chassis with phase plug. Magnetically shielded.
- Mi Bass UnitEpos Bass 165mm with polymer cone, 32mm high-temperature voice coil and weighted injection moulded dust cap. Die-cast chassis. Magnetically shielded.
- Mi Tirmanation PanelCrossover: Mid-bass driver crossover is by mechanical design and without electrical network. 6 dB on bass driver. Tweeter is AC coupled via polypropylene capacitor, 6 dB per octave, at 3kHz.
Terminal Panel: Tri-wirable. Can be single or double wired by removing shorting links provided.
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 420 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or