Customer reviews of Epos M12i
We're still waiting for the first review for this product.
We only publish reviews from people who we know own the product. We invite people to write a review after they have bought a product from one of the shops we work with. Reviewers who don't buy from these shops have to provide proof they own the product before we'll publish their review. This way, we can be sure that every single review on reevoo.com is written by someone who really knows what they’re talking about.
How Reevoo collects reviews
Reevoo confirmed reviews are collected from people who have definitely bought the product.
How can we be sure? Because we check every single reviewer. First you buy the product, then:
- If you buy from one of the shops or manufacturers we work with, we send you a questionnaire, which you complete and return
- If not, you go to reevoo.com and provide proof of purchase when you write your review
- We publish your review on reevoo.com and the websites of our shop and manufacturer partners
Traditionally the core of any Epos speaker series, the M12i is the ideal loudspeaker for those enthusiasts who prefer a stand-mount over a floor-stand option.
As with all speakers in the Mi range, the 12i is designed to meet all the demands of today’s two-channel and home-theatre audio. It is equally at home with music or movies and is fully magnetically shielded. If the M12i is to be used in a home theatre application, the M8i centre channel and M5i, used for rears, make ideal choices.
The M12i uses the revised Epos 25mm (1 in.) low distortion metal dome tweeter, designed to have smooth, clear and extended treble. Featuring a strong die-cast aluminium alloy face plate, moulded surround, ferrite magnet and Ferrofluid cooling, it is a significant improvement over the earlier M tweeter. The upper frequency crossover is centred on 5kHz and the minimalistic 1st order crossover is simply a polypropylene film capacitor.
Epos has designed a robust new 165mm (6.5in.) mid-range woofer with die-cast aluminium alloy chassis, phase plug and moulded polypropylene cone. Its curved cone profile and graduated thickness were engineered to ‘roll off’ high frequencies mechanically, in a smooth fashion. It also has very high power handling. As such, the woofer requires no electrical crossover to reproduce dynamic, natural bass and mid-range frequencies in this model. To reproduce bass cleanly and powerfully, it is loaded at the rear with a port flared at both ends, which reduces turbulence and distortion.
The bi-wirable input panel is made from solid anodised aluminium alloy, with sturdy high-spec terminals suited for spade lug or other types of plugs. High-grade metal links join the terminals together and can be removed for separate connection to each driver.
Equally attractive with or without the silk cloth grilles, the M12i is offered in a choice of three beautiful real-wood veneers. It seamlessly wraps around the front edges of the pattern matched cabinets. The front and rear baffles are 25mm (1 in.) thick to reduce unwanted vibration and colouration.
- Mi TweeterTweeter: Epos 25mm aluminium dome with high-temperature voice coil, Ferrofluid cooling and ferrite magnet system. Magnetically shielded.
- Mi Mid/Bass UnitEpos Mid-bass 165mm with polymer cone, 32mm high-temperature voice coil and injection moulded phase plug mounted on a die-cast chassis with phase plug. Magnetically shielded.
- Mi Tirmanation PanelCrossover: Mid-bass driver crossover is by mechanical design and without electrical network. 6 dB on bass driver. Tweeter is AC coupled via polypropylene capacitor, 6 dB per octave, at 3kHz.
Terminal Panel: Bi-wirable. Can be single or double wired by removing shorting links provided.
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 424 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or