Dirt Devil DUC012 reviews and prices: Upright Bagless vacuum cleaner

This vacuum cleaner is a good all rounder.

No prices available

Dirt Devil DUC012: 2.5L capacity, Upright, Bagless vacuum cleaner with Turbine brushand Extendable plastic hose. See full product description

Some customer reviews of Dirt Devil DUC012

Confirmed purchaser Busy mum or dad

Score 10.0/10
It's easy to use (even my kids can use it!!!!) and is very powerfull. Over all good value for money.
Cleaning all the filters as it is bagless.
Ease of use 10.0
Design 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 23 Nov 2010

Patricia, Leicestershire Pet owner

If you have laminate floors you can set the cleaner for flat floors and it will do the job without scratching the floors. I do not use it for stairs as I have a small hand held cleaner. I do not think it would be ideal for the stairs as the flexible hose would probably not be long enough. I did have a Dyson once, but really, for the price it is well up to that. It is very easy to empty, It is also good for pet hairs, of which I have plenty! I have Chinese wool rugs and it has fetched them up beautifully. The brush height knob is very easty to move, unlike some cleaners I have had. It is very easy to set up for first time use.
I would have liked better tools with it. On my previous dirt devil I had a large floor brush. I was hoping it would fit on to this cleaner but it doesn't. My previous Dirt Devil used bags, but after about 18 months the bags were no longer available, so it was basically obsolete. Some people may find this present model a bit heavy so if you do need to take it upstairs, and you are not very strong, then it would probably not be suitable. I have a cleaner upstairs and downstairs, as I cannot carry them up, but then I am 74.
Ease of use 9.0

Design 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 20 Nov 2010

Carol, Alfreton Frequent user

Score 8.0/10
Easy to operate, with excellent suction. Easy to empty. Longer trailinmg flex makes it easier to use around the house without unplugging from room to room.
Reviewer left no comment
Ease of use 8.0
Design 9.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 20 May 2011

Rachel, Blairgowrie Busy mum or dad

Score 4.0/10
good pick up especially close to skirting, light and easy to handle. Folds in half for compact storage. Little turbo brush good for pet hairs. There are spare filters to use when one lot is being washed. Lots of places to get in and check for blockages.
Whole thing feels flimsy- not sure it will last very long before something snaps off it, especially the little catches that hold the brushes on. The dust filter clogs incredibly fast with huge lumps of fluff and although the instructions say that you can wash it under the tap I don't see how this would be possible. We had to scrape it clean with a screwdriver and then vaccuum it. In light of the ammount of cleaning they are going to need I don't see them lasting very long and the replacements are not that cheap. Quite a small dust bucket and, as the filters need cleaned with every bucket change the washing of filters is tediously frequent as well.
Ease of use 4.0

Controls in handle No
Power (W) 2000
Release date 2009-06-22
Vacuum Cleaner Buyers Guide
We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 409 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or