De Dietrich DTI704V reviews

This hob is a good all rounder.

No prices available

De Dietrich DTI704V with Electric burners and 4 cooking zones. See full product description

People Also Viewed

4. Related products

Some customer reviews of De Dietrich DTI704V

Rae, Shrewsbury

Great product - very easy to use and a revelation in cooking technique. We are now converted to induction hobs! This is a very well priced hob and looks wonderful - we very much like the simple styling.
Not a really bad point - power can "pulse" when several rings are in use at the same time.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 30 Apr 2009

Mary, Northampton

Score 10.0/10
Looks good, easy to clean
None
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 27 Sep 2009

Confirmed purchaser

Score 1.0/10
Looks good, touch controls and display easy to work and view. Induction hobs are very easy to clean. When working, my hob was extremely easy to adjust cooking temperatures. I would say even more control than gas.
Faults started occuring just after 12 months where the hob would flash numbers then switch of but it always came back on straightaway we put it down to someone having pressed the wrong combination of controls! then at just under 18 months only one side of hob would work. We switched off at mains and few hours later it would be ok again but within couple of weeks whole thing stopped working. Manufacturer will not repair unless we pay two hundred and five pounds as they have no record of our warranty even tho' I did send it of!! These same faults are reported on Amazon and other review sites but again De dietrich say its nothing to do with design only the components- would you not want to ensure these were up to the job before using in your products? Anyway what makes this all the more sad is that we already had an older induction hob but a different discontinued model by the same co. which is now over 9 years old and still going strong at my daughters house. Make your own mind up here, but I would not recommend this model of hob and I personally will be looking elsewhere for a replacement still induction I hasten to add perhaps from Neff where I know I will get better treatment and satisfaction.
Design 6.0
Performance 1.0
Ease of cleaning 10.0
Functionality 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 23 Sep 2009

trevor, evesham we like modern technology

Score 10.0/10
We have moved into a different house and have just purchased our third dedietrich induction hob - which speaks for itself!!!. - and this will replace a perfectly ok-top name gas hob. The quality, performance, simplicity and ease of use of this type of hob is exceptional.
None, unless you count the cost of a new set of cookware which may not be necessary as most modern sets you are likley to have will be suitable.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 22 Nov 2009

Donal, Gorey Love good food

Score 10.0/10
Easy to use, and keep clean on a daily basis, with tons of features to help in the kitchen eg 4 timers (1 for each ring) that will turn off the ring when the time is up. Very variable heat 15 levels plus boost on all rings. Incredibly fast, my old cooker I had to put boiling water on my potatoes / rice / pasta just to get them to start cooking this new hob brings large saucepans to the boil in 2 - 3 mins. I am very happy with my purchase.
Reviewer left no comment
3 of 4 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 15 Jun 2009

chris, Bristol UK

Score 7.0/10
Having owned the DTI304JE11 model (same 4 hob layout as the DTI704V) for the past 6 years I found this hob was excellent with individual controls for each of the 4 hobs.
This new model is good for cooking (efficient) & easy to clean just like the previous model was
Unfortunately, the DTI704V has only one set of controls for all of the 4 hobs, necessitating switching between hobs to use power setting & time controls - an ergonomic nightmare compared with previous model!!
Also, there's a 3 second delay turning off each hob after touching the OFF control ( the previuos model was almost instantaneous).
Seems that the attempt to improve on the previous model has failed miserably - "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to have been ignored here
Design 7.0
Performance 9.0
Ease of cleaning 9.0
Functionality 8.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 09 May 2011

Pat, Gloucester

Score 10.0/10
Excellent performance, really good to look at and a joy to clean, no knobs to get in the way.
None

Number of electric spiral burners 0
Wok burner No
Width in cm 56
Release date 2008-05-07

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 424 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or