Canon XM2 reviews: MiniDV storage SD camcorder
This camcorder is a good all rounder.
|Optical zoom ratio||20|
|Type of memory card||SD|
|Shape of camcorder||Horizontally held|
|Digital zoom ratio||100|
|Type of image stabiliser||Optical|
|Shortest shutter speed (Fractions of a second)||1/16000|
|Screen size (Inches)||2.5|
|Maximum aperture wide||1.6|
|Type of chip||CCD|
Also known as: XM2, Digital, MiniDVCamcorders Buying Guide
A high-quality, versatile model suitable for serious camcorder enthusiasts and professional videographers. Its advanced technology delivers unrivalled image quality in its class.The XM2 offers all the features of the market-leading XM1 plus some enhancements, including a new picture adjustment feature and manual control for picture adjustments.
- ¼” 470K pixel 3CCD with pixel shift
- Canon Professional L-Series Fluorite Lens
- 20x optical zoom/100x digital zoom F1.6
- Optical image stabiliser with VAP
- Direction accurate stereo microphone
- Two-channel audio level manual control
- 2.5” 200K colour LCD/0.44’ 180K colour VF
- Three shooting modes: normal, photo, frame movie
The XM2’s advanced technology delivers unrivalled image quality in its class
The XM2 improves on the market leading and successful XM1 in a number of key areas. It comprises of a brand new 1/4" 470,000-pixel 3CCD increasing image quality. Not forgetting a new manual control in picture adjustments and shooting adjustments even for professional users.
The XM2 includes a new high-sensitivity ¼” 470,000-pixel 3CCD for superb 540-line horizontal resolution and super low light performance. A new generation camera signalling processing LSI improves approximately 3dB in S/N ratio from the XM1. The result is an improvement in colour, low light performance, resolution and dynamic range.
The XM2 is equipped with a pixel shift system that boosts both resolution and sensitivity and allows users to achieve superb picture quality results.
The following picture adjustments have been greatly improved in the XM2.
· Colour gain adjustments, colour phase adjustments, sharpness adjustment and black level can be adjusted to desired value and up to 1 type of preset registration is possible.
· Custom preset – after picture adjustments, settings can be stored as a custom
· Slow shutter speed – XM2 can be set to slow shutter speeds to 1/6 of a second
· Gain control – gain can now be increased up to a maximum of 18dB
· Frame movie mode – frame mode can make progressive shooting at 25 fps. Footage with 1/50 slower shutter is very similar to fine cinema.
· 16.9 guides – allows accurate 16.9 framing when shooting so that image can be cropped.
The XM2 supports a direction-accurate stereo microphone that includes two non-directional microphones to give more precise stereo reproduction. Users can choose three types of frequency characteristics for the built-in microphone: normal, voice and wide-screen mode.
Additionally, a 2-channel manual audio level control where input level can be adjusted by a special dial and L/R level can be set for 2 channels. Audio-level meter with right-and-left independent 24-segment peak holder and the audio-level meter can be displayed in LCD and EVF.
An optional MA -300 microphone adapter allows the simultaneous recording of 2 independent channels from microphones with XLR connections. A BNC picture Out Terminal is also present.
The XM2 is equipped with a DV terminal for non-linear editing. By using a USB terminal, transmission of still images from a JPEG file to a PC is easy.
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 421 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or