With 3x 1/3” 800k progressive scan CCDs and full manual control over all image settings, the XL2 represents the last word in flexible, broadcast quality miniDV.
- 3x 1/3” 800.000 pixel progressive scan CCDs
50i & 25p frame rate
- Total manual image control
- Pro Quality 16:9 and 4:3 recording
- XL interchangeable lens system
- 20x optical zoom “L-Series” lens with zoom and focus presets
- Super range Optical Image Stabilizer
- Flourite lens component and 2 Independent neutral density filters
- Professional audio and video connectivity – 4 audio channels with 2 built-in XLR connectors, phantonm power and BNC video output
- SMPTE time code with Rec Run, Free Run and preset settings
- IEEE1394 for remote camera control and direct recording to PC
- Fully adjustable EVF and shared 2" LCD
- Broadcast quality with total creative control
With 3x 1/3” 800k progressive scan CCDs, the broadcast quality XL2 is the flagship of the Canon range, setting the standard in versatile, light-weight professional digital video. Revolutionising its class, the XL2 provides full manual control over a myriad of variables, allowing all the fine adjustments necessary to satisfy even the most demanding professional videographer.
Both 16:9 (960 × 576 effective pixels) and 4:3 (720 × 576 effective pixels) formats are supported. A 3rd generation signal processing LSI delivers outstanding Signal/Noise ratio performance, with high sensibility and low smear.
Film-like texture, tone and expression are now routine, with 25p recording and a special Cine Look mode. Gamma curve controls include Knee adjustments to tame white clipping and Black controls bring out or suppress detail in the low brightness areas. Colour matrix is selectable from Video and Cinema, while V Detail allows flexible resolution in the vertical direction. Skin Detail allows control over phase and chroma for softer, warmer skin tones. A Film Grain setting adds the warmth and natural compression of film. Manual control is provided over Master RGB, Setup level, Master Pedestal, Gain, Coring, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, Colour Gain and Hue.
Two custom keys instantly recall any chosen manual setting within the 8 main menu functions. Favourite settings can be saved to three custom presets. Independent control is provided over R Gain, G Gain and B Gain. White balance can be set to true white or adjusted manually.
Fluorite and aspheric elements in the 20x zoom lens eliminate both chromatic and spherical aberrations. A circular iris provides beautiful background blur and built-in neutral density (ND) filters allow the iris to open fully in harsh light conditions. The XL mount system is compatible with all XL video lenses, and over 60 Canon EF lenses via an optional adapter.
Optical image stabilization (OIS) eliminates unwanted camera shake before the image reaches the sensor. SuperRange OIS extends IS by examining the image after it is received by the sensor and suppressing low frequency movements.
Both Rec Run and Free Run SMPTE time code is supported. 2 built-in phantom powered XLR jacks and a BNC jack for monitor output is provided. An IEEE1394 connection allows direct hard disk recording.