The BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone is the stylish way to get things done. With powerful capabilities, yet incredibly compact and slim, it combines a stylish design with a premium finish. Elegant and performance-driven, this is a smartphone you’ll always want to show off.
The BlackBerry 8820 is packed with powerful features*, including phone, email, built-in GPS, Wi-Fi support, maps, browser, instant messaging, organizer, media player and more – all in one stylish smartphone.
The BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone has all the features you need *:
Stay in Touch
- Wireless email: Send, receive, forward and reply to messages, and view attachments in popular file formats.
- Advanced phone features: Speakerphone and Voice Activated Dialing, user-definable convenience keys and dedicated Send, End and Mute keys
- Instant Messaging1: Connect with your IM contacts using popular applications like Yahoo!® Messenger and Google Talk™
- SMS and MMS*: Send text messages and images in an instant.
- Media player: Listen to your favorite songs and watch video clips*.
- Stereo headset capable
Find the Info You Need
- Browser: Navigate and browse websites with a roll and click of the trackball.
- Organizer: Synch and store your calendar data, address book and more.
- Corporate data access*: Access your vital corporate databases and applications from anywhere.
- BlackBerry® Maps: Get directions and view maps while on the road.
- Global Positioning System1 (GPS): View your geographic location and pair with BlackBerry® Maps and other location-based applications to aid navigation.
- Wi-Fi® support so virtually any Wi-Fi network is accessible3.
- 64 MB of built-in memory and an expandable microSD memory slot1,2.
- Bluetooth® capability for hands-free dialogue.
- A full QWERTY keyboard layout for fast text and email composition.
- Tethered modem capability: Use your smartphone as a wireless modem for your laptop or PC*.
- High-resolution, light-sensing screen.
- High capacity battery
The BlackBerry® 8820 smartphone works with your organization’s BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution to provide corporate-strength functionality, including enhanced security features and easier access to company information.
The BlackBerry 8820 smartphone also gives you Wi-Fi access 2, so if your organization has incorporated the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution, you can securely access all your corporate data over Wi-Fi networks, onsite or off. Your BlackBerry services will function just as if you’re connected to the mobile network.
Unlike traditional mobile phones, BlackBerry 8800 Series smartphones can be centrally managed and supported by IT departments. Remote address book look-up, single mailbox integration and push delivery of data from corporate applications are just a few of the features available.